Community Forum

How can I ban Fortnite from my home, on demand?

New Poster

How can I ban Fortnite from my home, on demand?

Lots of threads about Fortnite, but nothing about how to turn the darned thing off. Is there any way I can prevent it from being accessible during certain hours, or even just not accessible unless I lift the ban temporarily? That game is destroying my child's brain. 

Thank you,

Christine

Silver Problem Solver

Re: How can I ban Fortnite from my home, on demand?

@ckeryakes wrote:

Lots of threads about Fortnite, but nothing about how to turn the darned thing off. Is there any way I can prevent it from being accessible during certain hours, or even just not accessible unless I lift the ban temporarily? That game is destroying my child's brain. 

Thank you,

Christine

This is the xFi forum.  Do you want to use xFi to block it?  Does his computer appear in xFi?  You can block it with xFi.

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am just a customer, volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as best answer!
New Poster

He is using a computer, an Xbox and his phone to access it. I thought I might block it at the network level to get all three. It would work since you have to be on WiFi to play.
New Poster

So, how do we block Fortnite using xFi?
Official Employee

Hi @ckeryakes and @drubinoff, Please take a look at Website Blocking here: https://www.xfinity.com/support/articles/set-up-parental-controls-with-comcast-networking . If you need anything else, please write to me and I'll be happy to help you. 

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
Contributor

You can't. That's a big drawback of xFI. No blacklisting or whitelisting individual sites. You can go into the router 10.0.0.1 and try to block it there. If it won't let you put in the specific Fortnite site(s) you can try putting Fortnite in as a blocked keyword and it might....help.

Chances are your kid will reset your modem and make it all go away anyway. :-)

New Poster

Yes, I want to block fortnite on my Xfinity router. Can you help 

Contributor

Until xfinity decides to give parents real, tailorable parental control through xfi, you can't. Not with the xfinity router anyway. Not sure why it's so difficult.

Official Employee

Hello, asifrao. Welcome to the Xfinity Forums. 

Unfortunately, we do not have a feature to specifically restrict a game. I would honestly advise just uninstalling the game. If that does not work, you can use the Xfi app to restrict internet access for specific devices during designated times. You can read more about it here

Please let me know if that helps or if you have further questions/concerns I can answer. 

Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Official Employee

As there have been no new responses here in some time I have closed this thread to further comments. If you still need assistance, please feel free to start a new thread.