Community Forum

HTC and Kindle are not seeing the WiFi network. iPad, Tv and everything else working.

New Poster

HTC and Kindle are not seeing the WiFi network. iPad, Tv and everything else working.

My Mom’s HTC Galaxy and Kindle Fire don’t seem to see the WiFi network, when everything else does. I have tried rebooting and doing a WPS push”. I could use some suggestions. The gateway is located in the center of the house and it is not working, with the devices mentioned, even when standing directly in front of it.
Official Employee

Re: HTC and Kindle are not seeing the WiFi network. iPad, Tv and everything else working.

Hello Missmonapenny, do you see any other networks that you can connect to? Are you having issues connecting to an Xfinity Wi-Fi hotspot or are you having issues connecting to your home network? 

New Poster

Re: HTC and Kindle are not seeing the WiFi network. iPad, Tv and everything else working.

The devices are not seeing my home network. I have rebooted the system. I have moved the Gateway to a different spot. I have tried adding the name manually. Everything else is working...Amazon Echo, iPad, iPhone, TV. However, the HTC Galaxy and the Kindle fire do not see the network and don't seem to be able to connect to the WiFi. They connect to other networks.
Frequent Visitor

I am having the same issue. I have 3 Linksys wet610n Media bridges that hooked up to Xfinity XB3 gateway and were extremely reliable. When I got an XB6 gateway, the bridges could not find the SSID. Several other devices (Windows laptops, Apple products, nvidia shields) connected fine. I got a replacacement XB6 gateway same results. The funny thing is as soon as I added xfi pods to help with coverage all 3 bridges came online. When the pods dropped off the other day due to that server outage, the bridges immedialty lost signal. I tried to bring the bridges up 3 feet away from the gateway without the pods. Same results.Other things tried, channel changes, band changes, WPS, WPS with key, change SSID, turn off encryption etc.The site survey show several networks expect mine.

Silver Problem Solver

I have escalated your issue to the Comcast Team available to these forums. Check back often for a reply in this thread from a Comcast Official Employee.

I am not a Comcast employee; I am just a customer, volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
Frequent Visitor

Thanks for your assitance RobertWy

Official Employee

@Missmonapenny and @rtt_77388, I am more than happy to look further into this for you on my end. For further assistance please send me a private message with your full name, and account number by clicking on my name (ComcastAmir) and then "private message me".

Frequent Visitor

@ComcastAmir Thank you for your effort with this issue. Requested PM sent.