Community Forum

HP Printer connection fail with new X1 router

New Poster

HP Printer connection fail with new X1 router

Trying to wireless connect my HP Photosmart C4780 Printer to a new X1 Router,  keep getting fail to connect with following message "

The printer attempted to join the network but is not receiving any data. This may be caused by MAC address filtering. If MAC address filtering is enabled and you would like to keep it enabled, add the MAC address of your printer to the list of permitted devices for your wireless access point or router before continuing. Print the Wireless Network Test report from your printer to find the MAC address of your printer.

Trying to find out how add mac address>>

Silver Problem Solver

Re: HP Printer connection fail with new X1 router

@ted1124 wrote:

Trying to wireless connect my HP Photosmart C4780 Printer to a new X1 Router,  keep getting fail to connect with following message "

The printer attempted to join the network but is not receiving any data. This may be caused by MAC address filtering. If MAC address filtering is enabled and you would like to keep it enabled, add the MAC address of your printer to the list of permitted devices for your wireless access point or router before continuing. Print the Wireless Network Test report from your printer to find the MAC address of your printer.

Trying to find out how add mac address>>

You didn't say which gateway you are using.  There is a button on the top of my XB6 that allows my wifi printer to connect to the network.  I first have to set my printer up to search for the SSID.  Then I press the button on the gateway, the printer discovers the SSID and it connects.

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am just a customer, volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as best answer!