Community Forum

Gateway feels hot

Highlighted
New Poster

Gateway feels hot

I have a new xfi gateway and it feels very warm. It is located in an open area with nothing surrounding it. Do i need to replace it?
Highlighted
Silver Problem Solver

Re: Gateway feels hot

@Richk4377 wrote:
I have a new xfi gateway and it feels very warm. It is located in an open area with nothing surrounding it. Do i need to replace it?

My XB6 is quiet and isn't hot; you should swap yours out (should be free) if it is hot to the touch.

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am just a customer, volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as best answer!
Highlighted
Official Employee

Re: Gateway feels hot

Hello Richk4377. Some modems do feel slightly warm to touch, but should never feel hot to touch. You should be able to easily hold your handle against any side of the modem without feeling discomfort. If you would like to exhange the modem, we can accomodate an exchange at your local Xfinity Store, or I can help order one to be shipped to you. If you would like assistance, please send me a private message and include your full name so I can assist you. 

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!