Community Forum

“Free” xFi Pods

Highlighted
New Poster

“Free” xFi Pods

So ... I decided to upgrade my package when we moved into our new house. Spoke to a couple of reps to ensure I got the best deal possible. When I finally decided on the bundle that I wanted (basically max TV and Max Internet, with xFi Advantage), I noticed that I would get 3 free xFi Pods included.

I was thrilled because I didn’t want to have a third party option to span the 2 floors of the house. The agent I spoke with to place the order ensured me that I would receive them and that the technician would bring them during the installation.

Install day comes and the tech said “I don’t have those” .... I call customer service asking about the xFi pods , after 2 Reps , a manager and a retention manager... they said “just go to my local store to pick them up , they will be on your account” ... though this was not what was promised and an inconvenience to me .. I complied.

When to my local store and after being cut off multiple times because the rep “didn’t want to listen to me” , he finally decided to check my account .... and of course , no mention or notes of my xFi Pods.

Now , I’m stuck with something that is owed to me (cause I’m paying for the max service ) and no one wants to help.

I’m only stuck with Comcast cause there is no other company in the area ... but this is no way to treat anyone , let alone a paying customer.
Highlighted
Official Employee

Re: “Free” xFi Pods

Hi @Rickycamacho 

I responded via private message but I also wanted to share the general infromation I sent you in the public forums.

The Advantage package comes with a WiFi Assessment that helps recommend the best solutions for your home's connectivity needs. If the WiFi Assessment, which takes about 14 days to complete, determines that you could benefit from Pods then an e-mail will be sent with a link to redeem the pods. The same link will be available on the Overview tab of Xfinity xFi app under the Just For You section. Online order is the only way to redeem pods at this time (Technicians and Xfinity stores don't have the capability to fulfill Pod redemption orders). If a customer has good coverage to begin with, adding Pods can make the network weaker. This is why Pods are not given out prior to the WiFi Assessment. 

Please let me know if you have additional questions

Thanks,

Hana

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
Highlighted
New Poster

This is par for the course with Comcast. I was supposed to get $200 gift card ... a year later, still waiting
Highlighted
New Poster

Where do I get this assessment form? I filled what I thought was an assessment form a few weeks ago and haven't heard anything yet. I have a 2800 sq ft house and the router/modem is in one corner of the house. I have an extender that helped get a good signal to my living room but it has failed and I need something out. I pay 240 a month you would think I should have have them as part of my service already..

keith

Highlighted
Official Employee

Hi @Hdff 

Are you an xFi Advantage customer? The WiFi Assessment is part of the Advantage package. 

Thanks,

Hana

Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Highlighted
New Poster

So this whole XFi advantage is just a scam. I was supposed to get "free" Pods and never got them. The "assessment" says I don't need them, but yet I still get lag when gaming. ATT here I come

Highlighted
Official Employee

Hi @bwall1 

The xFi pods should be used to improve coverage in deadspot, they don't improve speeds. If you are experiencing deadspots in your home, I can escalate your issue and help you get it resolved.

Thanks,

Hana

Highlighted
Regular Contributor

I have dead spots in my home. Can you help me? How is the assessment supposed to assess dead spots? How does it know if I walked into a dead spot or drove off in my car? It says reception is fine where I use the service the most. Well duh, if it’s not working I don’t stay there. HELP! And please don’t suggest a $75 visit from one of your techs.
Highlighted
Official Employee

@lewisr13 

Thanks for reaching out.  I was able to pull up your account & take a look at the issue you described. I have sent you a private message with additional information. Private messages can be accessed by clicking on the envelope icon in the upper right hand corner of any forums page. Thanks!