Community Forum

Feature Request: Abiltity to approve/deny new devices on xFi app

New Poster

Feature Request: Abiltity to approve/deny new devices on xFi app

I would love it if there was an option to have new devices on the network put into a quarantine vlan with no internet or network resources until approved on the xFi app. I already get push notifications on my phone and smart watch and would love to be able to know AND approve/deny access to new devices connecting to my network. Appoval would only be required for the first time a mac address is seen connecting and any devices that are denied access would be placed into a blacklist (already a feature on XB6 and other xfinity devices) and can be removed from said blacklist by an admin if/when the admin is ready to grant access via approve/deny push notification once again.
Silver Problem Solver

Re: Feature Request: Abiltity to approve/deny new devices on xFi app

@Espike wrote:
I would love it if there was an option to have new devices on the network put into a quarantine vlan with no internet or network resources until approved on the xFi app. I already get push notifications on my phone and smart watch and would love to be able to know AND approve/deny access to new devices connecting to my network. Appoval would only be required for the first time a mac address is seen connecting and any devices that are denied access would be placed into a blacklist (already a feature on XB6 and other xfinity devices) and can be removed from said blacklist by an admin if/when the admin is ready to grant access via approve/deny push notification once again.

In the case of the devices that connect to your wifi, no device can connect if it doesn't have the SSID password.  None of my wifi TV's can connect without a password.

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am just a customer, volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as best answer!
New Poster

Re: Feature Request: Abiltity to approve/deny new devices on xFi app

That's true for wifi, but not the wired portion of the network which automatically gives access as soon as a device is plugged in. I may be in the minority in that I do have a wired network throughout my home and would like the ability to secure that component of my network, but I would still like to request this feature as an option.