Community Forum

Extreme 400 Tier - Does any get really 400 Mbps

Highlighted
New Poster

Extreme 400 Tier - Does any get really 400 Mbps

Recently moved to Seattle area and signed up for Extreme 400 Tier which is promised to have 400 Mbps. It has been 3 months, I never saw speeds greater than 260 Mbps. Called customer service thrice. All the representatives are saying that 260 Mbps is a good speed for 400 Mbps and they dont see any problem. That sounded ridiculous for me. If that i swhat it is, they XFinity should advertize 260Mbps instead of 400 Mbps. I am using the Xfinity's XFi router. Have tried hard wiring as well, but speeds never reached 400 Mbps. Is this one more trick by Xfinity to cheat customers and deliver less speeds than promised?

Please share your experiences if every one is in same boat as me or if you really get 400 Mbps?

Highlighted
Silver Problem Solver

Re: Extreme 400 Tier - Does any get really 400 Mbps

@krishna383 wrote:

Recently moved to Seattle area and signed up for Extreme 400 Tier which is promised to have 400 Mbps. It has been 3 months, I never saw speeds greater than 260 Mbps. Called customer service thrice. All the representatives are saying that 260 Mbps is a good speed for 400 Mbps and they dont see any problem. That sounded ridiculous for me. If that i swhat it is, they XFinity should advertize 260Mbps instead of 400 Mbps. I am using the Xfinity's XFi router. Have tried hard wiring as well, but speeds never reached 400 Mbps. Is this one more trick by Xfinity to cheat customers and deliver less speeds than promised?

Please share your experiences if every one is in same boat as me or if you really get 400 Mbps?

When I use an ethernet connection, my Gigiabit plan reaches a maximum of 950.

You might try this:

https://forums.xfinity.com/t5/Your-Home-Network/Video-10-things-you-can-do-right-now-to-fix-your-int...

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am just a customer, volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as best answer!
Highlighted
Official Employee

Speed test results can vary depending on which device you are running the speed test from and that device's capabilities.  This site - http://speedtest.xfinity.com/devicespeeds - may help you in determining what a good speed test reading might be for your selected device.

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
Highlighted
New Poster

Buy your own equipment. I run 20 devices at about 407 mbps. I live in Memphis and I have my own router and modem