Community Forum

Does xfinity WIFI usage away from home count towards your monthly data cap?

New Poster

Does xfinity WIFI usage away from home count towards your monthly data cap?

Does xfinity WIFI usage away from home count towards the TB of data that you are allocated each month?  

Is the TB allocated to the cable modem in my house or across all of my accounts?  Trying to determine whether my kid is using the WIFI feature and using up all of my data.

Official Employee

Re: Does xfinity WIFI usage away from home count towards your monthly data cap?

Hi, basketf3 - Are you referring to XFINITY WiFi Hotspot usage? If yes, it doesn't count towards your data. 

All data usage delivered over your home XFINITY Internet service, both downloaded and uploaded, is counted towards your data plan, regardless of the source. Not quite sure what did you mean by "Is the TB allocated to the cable modem in my house or across all of my accounts?". I checked your information and found just one account with us. 

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
New Poster

If I go to my friends house and use his xfinity hotspot by logging in with my homes account will my data usage on my friends router be counted against my homes data limit?

Highlighted
New Poster

The usage you utilize with your home network counts against your data. Xfinity WiFi being used at home or anywhere away from home does not count.
Contributor

I have an XB6, I used the xfinitywifi hotspot and the data used DOES count towards my total usage. Who do I talk to about this to get it removed?

Official Employee

Adent, hotspot usage doesn't count toward your home data allotment. If you would like us to investigate your home data usage, please reach out to the customer security assurance team. They work with customers who have concerns about data usage. Check them out here: 1-877-807-6581; 6:00 AM - 2:00 AM ET/Seven days a week.

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!