Community Forum

Does XFi gateway work with Circle with Disney

New Poster

Does XFi gateway work with Circle with Disney

It looks like there is no way to customize the level of parental control site / app / program filter to the age of the user. If my 17 year old has the same restrictions as his 11 year old sister, he will freak out and I will never hear the end of it. Circle with Disney allows you to tailor the filter to the user. Will this XFi gateway work with Circle?

Contributor

Re: Does XFi gateway work with Circle with Disney

Great question (I'm a year late seeing it). I've thought about getting Circle myself because I can't tailor the xfinity parental controls at all (no whitelisting, blacklisting, website logs, etc).

If you are using Circle please post how it has worked for you.

New Poster

Can someone from Xfinity answer the original question from 1 year ago? I'm also considering Disney Circle, and I read that Netgear routers have this built-in. Does Xfinity have plans to support Circle? If I buy Circle as a free-standing unit, will it work with Xfinity?

Thanks!

Silver Problem Solver

@rckymtnmama wrote:

Can someone from Xfinity answer the original question from 1 year ago? I'm also considering Disney Circle, and I read that Netgear routers have this built-in. Does Xfinity have plans to support Circle? If I buy Circle as a free-standing unit, will it work with Xfinity?

Thanks!

My Orbi and two satellites work with my XB6 gateway.  Just about any of these types of extenders will work with the Comcast gateways.  I've used Powerline and wifi extenders over the years.

I would expect the Circle to also work.

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am just a customer, volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as best answer!
Contributor

Thanks for feedback. Circle isn't an extender but I would hope that it would work as an Orbi or some other kind of extender. I think the original poster and I are asking if the Circlc (parental control thing from Disney) parental control features will work with our xfinity gear. I think it would but don't want to shell out the money to experiment without knowing first.

Silver Problem Solver

@JimmyCricket wrote:

Thanks for feedback. Circle isn't an extender but I would hope that it would work as an Orbi or some other kind of extender. I think the original poster and I are asking if the Circlc (parental control thing from Disney) parental control features will work with our xfinity gear. I think it would but don't want to shell out the money to experiment without knowing first.

There may not be anyone here who knows the answer to your question.  Because I have had a lot of experience with Orbi, if you buy the Circle on Amazon, it is really easy to return it if it doesn't do what you want.

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am just a customer, volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as best answer!
New Poster

New to Comcast service, and have an XB6-T. Comcast service stops when I plug in my Circle. Bummer for all of us used to the granular controls from the Circle. Time to buy myself a new router modem.<br><br><a href="https://support.meetcircle.com/hc/en-us/articles/360021278051-Connection-Issues-with-Some-Dual-Band-..." target="_blank">https://support.meetcircle.com/hc/en-us/articles/360021278051-Connection-Issues-with-Some-Dual-Band-...>
New Poster

I have had circle for 2 years now with NO issues.  Just upgraded to X1 in Jan and now my network comes to a grinding halt when I plug in Circle.  WHY???  Until xfinity offers the same features in parental controls, why can't I use my own device?!

Official Employee

Hi, I did a bit of research on this and it looks like Disney Circle is not fully compatible with all modems/routers.  You can find more information here: https://support.meetcircle.com/hc/en-us/articles/115001381571-Router-Compatibility-and-Circle

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!