Xfinity plant
Community Forum
Xfinity globe

Disconnecting a device

New Poster

Disconnecting a device

I am trying to remove a device that is connected to my wifi. It says however that I need to disconnect it from my network before it will allow me to 'forget' it. How do I disconnect it from my network? I can't seem to locate the 'button' to do that. I'm not trying to logout of a device like a phone or laptop. I'm talking about disconnecting devices that have logged into my home network somehow, and are active, but don't belong to me. I get a notification that a new device has joined my network, but I can't figure out how to disconnect it.
Expert

Re: Disconnecting a device

@samfamwa wrote:
I am trying to remove a device that is connected to my wifi. It says however that I need to disconnect it from my network before it will allow me to 'forget' it. How do I disconnect it from my network? I can't seem to locate the 'button' to do that. I'm not trying to logout of a device like a phone or laptop. I'm talking about disconnecting devices that have logged into my home network somehow, and are active, but don't belong to me. I get a notification that a new device has joined my network, but I can't figure out how to disconnect it.

I've never tried this - go to your wifi device and make it forget the wifi ssid then try to change it in xFi.

New Poster

I am experiencing this same problem and haven't figured out how to do this... can someone please send some help... there was too many that it was affecting my phone to stay on wifi... any hello greatly appreciated
Expert

@teemar1 wrote:
I am experiencing this same problem and haven't figured out how to do this... can someone please send some help... there was too many that it was affecting my phone to stay on wifi... any hello greatly appreciated

Not sure what your issue is.  Try xFi Help.

https://www.xfinity.com/support/articles/personalize-customize-hnetwork-xfi

New Poster

I’m having the same issue
Official Employee

Hello all,  

Please follow this link and follow the steps that are provided below to see if this will help you remove the devices. Please let me and others know if this is helpful or not. 

"Removing Devices"

You can remove an inactive (disconnected) device from the Devices section by selecting the name of the device, then Device Details > Forget Device. This will remove the device from the Devices section and unassign it from the profile it was associated with, if applicable. It will also permanently delete all historical network activity of this device. If the device reconnects to your home network, it will appear as a new device.