Community Forum

Diconnect the device in xfi

New Poster

Diconnect the device in xfi

I have devices that appear in xfi connected and can not remove the device or disconnect them please advise
Silver Problem Solver

Re: Diconnect the device in xfi

@irmajenkins4460 wrote:
I have devices that appear in xfi connected and can not remove the device or disconnect them please advise

Can you "forget" them?

I am not a Comcast employee; I am just a customer, volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
Official Employee

Hello irmajenkins4460. Below is instructions for remove devices using our xFi App. 

Removing Devices

You can remove a device that is not connected from the Devices section by selecting the name of the device either from the Devices section or from the profile where the device is assigned, then select Device Details > Forget Device. This will remove the device from the Devices section and unassign it from the profile it was associated with, if applicable. It will also permanently delete all historical network activity of this device. If the device reconnects to your home network, it will appear as a new device.

Learn more by visiting: https://www.xfinity.com/support/articles/personalize-customize-hnetwork-xfi

Please let me know if you need any further assistance. 

New Poster

I'm talking about when the device is connected
not when it's not connected
New Poster

No can't disconnect and forget while they are connected I need to know how DICONNECT the device before I can connect them
Official Employee

@irmajenkins4460. You will have to disconnect each device manually via each devices 'WiFi settings' menu. If you are unable to do so, we recommend you reset your WiFi password. This will kick those devices on your network. Your only other option is to use the PAUSE feature instead of fully disconnecting them from your WiFi network.