New Poster

Devices

How do I remove assigned devices
Official Employee

Re: Devices

Biancacm18 wrote:
How do I remove assigned devices

If you would like to remove a device from a profile you can follow these steps:

Select Profile -> Scroll down to Devices, select Edit -> Reassign -> you can now select/create a new profile

OR

Select Device -> Scroll down to Preferences, next to "Assigned to" select Edit -> you can now select/create a new profile

If you would like to remove devices from your Device list completely, you will first have to disconnect them from your home network.

Once disconnected: Select the Device -> Scroll down to Device Details -> Forget Device

I hope this information helps! 

New Poster

Hi Brittany,

From using the app, it doesnt seem like I can assign a device to a profile and if it was done in error I can then take that device and assign it back to the unassigned pool.  It looks like I am being forced to have the device in a profile once it has been added to one.

Official Employee

Hi nkddazt, yes this is the current design of xFi. Once a device has been assigned to a profile, it can be moved between profiles or put into a new profile but it cannot become unassigned again.

There are 2 ways that I have found useful to manage these types of devices:

1. Assign these devices to a common profile such as the Household profile, or create a new profile for these devices such as "Misc". 

2. Next time the device becomes inactive in xFi, you can go under Device Details and Forget Device. When the device rejoins your network, it will join as a 'new device' which you can leave unassigned. 

Official Employee