Community Forum

Devices showing as not connected in xFi device management

New Poster

Devices showing as not connected in xFi device management

I have devices that are connected both wired and wireless to the gateway.  I am using 3 of the pods in the house as well.   The wired devices are not showing up in the management interface.  I have 3 main wired devices.  The one I'm typing on right now, my sons PC and a NAS that directly attached to the LAN port on the gateway.  None of those are showing up at all.   Normally I would not care, but as I mentioned my sons PC is wired, and I need to be able to manage the nighttime settings for him. ie. shut his internet down at night.   The whole reason I dumped the nighthawk for less performance on the xFi modem was the ease of managing this.  Now that it's not working, I'm having terrible buyers remorse...   Looking for any reason for why these wired connections are not working? I am running thru a dumb netgear 8 port  gigabit switch with the 2 PC's, but that still does not explain the NAS which is directly connected.  All other WIFI devices are showing up correctly.  

New Poster

Re: Devices showing as not connected in xFi device management

Yea I am having the same problem but it’s with everything half of the things are not showing up connected. I wish they fix it
Silver Problem Solver

Is the issue with being able to use wifi for the devices that don't show as being connected?

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am just a customer, volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as best answer!
New Poster

Nope.  All devices can connect whether they are on WIFI or on the Wired LAN.  It's not being able to see any of the wired devices being active in the xFi tool even when I know they are.   For example i'm on a wired iMAC right now typing this.  I go to the xFi tool and it shows a status of inactive.  

New Poster

Me too.  It's very frustrating especially when I need it to block traffic on my sons PC.   He has it wired rather than WIFI so he can get the bandwidth he wants for his gaming.   I can't see the status of the wired connection and have no idea if it's actually blocking traffic when I tell it to.   This is the sole reason I moved to the Comcast xFi router rather than having my own.  

Silver Problem Solver

My experience has been that when I actually connect my laptop to the wifi SSID, it connects.

Are you saying yours doesn't connect?

I am just a customer, volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
Highlighted
New Poster

It is a mix of WIFI and Wired connections that are not showing up at all.   #comcast at one point reset the xFi interface while trying to troubleshoot a Cable TV issue and since then is when it seems to be really wonky.   

Tags (1)
Silver Problem Solver

@Caal29 wrote:

It is a mix of WIFI and Wired connections that are not showing up at all.   #comcast at one point reset the xFi interface while trying to troubleshoot a Cable TV issue and since then is when it seems to be really wonky.   

Are the ones that aren't showing up still able to connect to the Internet?

New Poster

Yes they are. I just have no way of knowing In the interface if Im blocking traffic on the kids PC if it does not show up. The main reason I went xFi in the first place. This problem now has become secondary, as I am now experiencing drops on the network that for us in the gate we restart about once or twice a day. I’m very unhappy at this point with my xFI service. The pods that I have in the house keep dropping intermittently, the gateway craps out, and I’m left with some very frustrated kids and girlfriend all trying to use the Internet. When I have the set up connected through my nighthawk, I experienced Internet failure maybe once every other month. Now its a daily event.
Silver Problem Solver

@Caal29 wrote:
Yes they are. I just have no way of knowing In the interface if Im blocking traffic on the kids PC if it does not show up. The main reason I went xFi in the first place. This problem now has become secondary, as I am now experiencing drops on the network that for us in the gate we restart about once or twice a day. I’m very unhappy at this point with my xFI service. The pods that I have in the house keep dropping intermittently, the gateway craps out, and I’m left with some very frustrated kids and girlfriend all trying to use the Internet. When I have the set up connected through my nighthawk, I experienced Internet failure maybe once every other month. Now its a daily event.

Maybe you should start a new topic with that as its description.