Community Forum

Devices on my network offline

New Poster

Devices on my network offline

I have been renting an apartment in my home and there are many devices being used off-line that are on my account. Is this a security risk? I change passwords but they manage to change them after moving and use my system.
Silver Problem Solver

Re: Devices on my network offline

@BCLIFFORD wrote:
I have been renting an apartment in my home and there are many devices being used off-line that are on my account. Is this a security risk? I change passwords but they manage to change them after moving and use my system.

I have seen posts about people using VPN's to bypass xFi.

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am just a customer, volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as best answer!
Highlighted
Official Employee

Re: Devices on my network offline

@BCLIFFORD wrote:

Hi,  can you please clarify what you mean when you say that they are being used offline? 

If the devices are using your internet, they will need to connect to your WiFi network name using the correct WiFi password. In xFi, they should show as "Connected" in the Devices list. Once devices disconnect from your network, they will continue to show in the xFi devices list as "Not Connected" for up to 6 months before they disappear. If you wish to remove these devices manually, you can do so by selecting a devices that is disconnected, and under Device Details, clikc "Forget Device". 

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!