Community Forum

Devices not connecting to pods

Highlighted
Regular Visitor

Devices not connecting to pods

I added 6 pods to my network yesterday.  No devices are connecting to the pods.  All devices on the network are connected to Gateway, regardless of how far away from the router they are or how close to the pods they are.  I am seeing no improvement in signal strength.  Why are the devices not connecting to the pods?  I have not been able to find any help on th xfinity site.

Highlighted
Regular Visitor

Re: Devices not connecting to pods

I just connected mine as well and don’t see any devices connecting to them. How long should we have to wait to see improvement. I saw the app mention it will pick the best setup over the next several days but that pretty vague.
Highlighted
Official Employee

Hi @OB-1, and @roody021

Thank you for posting to the Xfinity Forums. I wanted to reach out to confirm whether or not you were able to get your devices connected? 

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
Highlighted
Regular Visitor

No, there has been no change. The pods are all online and no devices will connect to them. Unless you can provide a fix, I am planning to return them tomorrow.

Highlighted
Regular Visitor

I also don’t see any change. I installed the pods Monday night and when I checked Thursday morning still no devices connected to the 3 pods.
Highlighted
Official Employee

Thanks for the update! With the pods, your devices will still connect to the point with the best connection even if that still your gateway. The pods will not improve signal strength but instead extend the range of your network so you can connect from further away. Be sure that your pods are spaced throughout your home and try to connect to your network while further away from your modem to see if it will connect to a pod that is closer to you. 

Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Highlighted
Regular Visitor

I have tried connecting to the pod furthest from the modem and it still does not correct . I see no value in having the pods.
Highlighted
Official Employee

Hello all! I did some research and I was able to determine that it can take up to a week for your devices to auto connect to the pods (if that is the best access point for the device). I would like it if we could wait until Saturday to see if that happens. If not, I will be sure to submit a request to have this further looked into and corrected. Please send me a private message this Saturday including your name as it appears on the account if the devices are still not connecting to the pods. Thanks and we truly appreciate your patience with this matter. 

To send me a Private Message, please click my name “ComcastAmira” and click “send a message".

Highlighted
New Poster

I purchased the 3 pack pods over a week ago and my devices do not connect to the pods. They connect only to the Gateway. Should they connect by now? Is there another wireless connection I need to switch to. I am still using the gateway wireless connection.
Highlighted
Official Employee

Hello @Amctgc4, thanks for reaching out! I'm sorry to hear that after a week your devices are still not connecting to the pods. I would be more than happy to further troubleshoot this on my end. Please send me a private message!

To send me a Private Message, please click my name “ComcastAmira” and click “send a message".

Highlighted
Official Employee

@Amctgc4, I'm delighted to I was able to assist you with getting your devices to successfully connect to the Pods. Please be sure to reach out to us for any future issues or concerns, we're here to help. Thank you and we appreciate you choosing Comcast as your provider. 

Highlighted
New Poster

Can you please post a solution publicly and provide a reason it rakes up to a week to connect. It would be helpful if this was included in the installation instructions
Highlighted
New Poster

The issue was solved with help from Xfinity on their end. They instructed me to unplugged the pods and then they did their technical work behind the scene. My suggestion would be to work over the phone or online directly with Xfinity. Somehow devices are connecting to pods now. Still having issues printing when printer is on Gateway and laptop is on a pod.
Highlighted
New Poster

Thanks for the advice!!
Highlighted
New Poster

A couple things are happening when you set up your pods. Most importantly they are going to analyze your network as whole. What devices are connected, where, what channels are things on, what neighboring signals are interfering. Yadda yadda. I would recommend rebooting your gateway after you activate the pods. Don't over do it either, you don't need 6 pods in a 1 bedroom apartment. After all that, don't expect that because you're sitting next to a pod you'll be connected to it. It may not be the best access point.
Highlighted
New Poster

Thanks for the input.   We already removed 1 pod and things are working just fine.  Printing is hit or miss with laptops on  a Pod and Printer on Gateway.  Printer works if we unplug Pod and everything is on Gateway.