Xfinity plant
Community Forum
Xfinity globe

Device Name Bug?

Frequent Visitor

Device Name Bug?

When I name a device like “Sally’s phone”, it displays like “Sallyâs phone”.

Is there a fix for this?

Official Employee

Re: Device Name Bug?

Hi, MABirdwatcher - What device do you use? Android or iPhone? 

Frequent Visitor

iPhone/iPad

Official Employee

@MABirdwatcher - Have you tried to change your device name to Sally in iPhone settings, check the app, and then change back to Sally's phone? Could you please attach a screenshot where you see "Sallyâs phone"? Thank you in advance. 

Frequent Visitor

See attached. Changing name and back has no affect.
C55B74B0-2443-497E-9B79-31A5FB06167D.png
Official Employee

@MABirdwatcher - My apologies, I thought you were having issues with the XFINITY Stream App. For the xFi App, this is a known issue for Apple devices. We are currently investigating the cause. I was able to duplicate this issue on my iPhone as well. Are you on iOS 11? 

Frequent Visitor

Sorry for the delay, I was getting an error when trying to respond.

i was on 11.0.3, now on 11.1.   Same issue if I remove the apostrophe and add it back.

Official Employee

@MABirdwatcher - Thank you, I needed to know the iOS version for the tracking purposes. I haven't received any updates but I will let you know as soon as I get something. 

New Poster

I too am seeing this issue with iOS 11, all the way up to version 11.1.2 (build 15B202) and I have done the same troubleshooting steps as MABirdwatcher with the same results.

Please let me know if you need any additional information from me and/or when a fix is scheduled.

Thank you!!
Tags (2)
A6BD283C-5420-47CF-8BDD-5B63DFB1A904.png
0CB07C13-861C-493B-9738-90C451A918C7.png
Official Employee

geojenburke, keep a look out for the next update. By the way, have you tried changing the name via the xFi website? 

New Poster

Hi Ken,

changing through the website does the same thing.  I’ll watch for the next update.

Thank you!