Community Forum

Connectivity issues between Xfi Pod Wired and other devices on network

Frequent Visitor

Connectivity issues between Xfi Pod Wired and other devices on network

I have a Xfi gateway and the Xfi pods in my home. In my living room I have the gateway and connected to it is my Mac media server via the ehternet connection.  Any deivce in the house that connects via the Wifi can access the media server fine, but any device connected via the Xfi Pod's wired connection can't see it, can't browse the drive shares on it and can't ping it.

Any suggestions?

Silver Problem Solver

Re: Connectivity issues between Xfi Pod Wired and other devices on network

@voodoomurphy wrote:

I have a Xfi gateway and the Xfi pods in my home. In my living room I have the gateway and connected to it is my Mac media server via the ehternet connection.  Any deivce in the house that connects via the Wifi can access the media server fine, but any device connected via the Xfi Pod's wired connection can't see it, can't browse the drive shares on it and can't ping it.

Any suggestions?

If you are saying it is connected with an ethernet cable to the pod, try using wifi instead.

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am just a customer, volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as best answer!
Frequent Visitor

Not possible. This is a desktop PC with no WIreless connection. I have found that sometimes if I reboot all the devices (modem, pods and all computers) I can connect for a while but then it all stops working after a few hours. This is extremely frustrating and I've never had this issue with a wired to wireless setup before.

New Poster

You may need to open a portal through the pod. Likely a security issue.
Frequent Visitor

if it was a security issue then I wouldn't be able to access the server via wifi from other devices, which I can. This is a specific issue relating to connectivity from the wired port of the Pods.

Official Employee

voodoomurphy -- Thanks for reaching out. I think you may have found this information on another thread, but the issue you're posting about sounds related to an issue our engineers are already looking into. We're actively working on a fix.  I can provide you with more details when available.

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
Frequent Visitor

Ok, is there an ETA for the fix? If not, how do I get a refund on my XFi pods?

Frequent Visitor

Still waiting on an answer here.

Official Employee

voodoomurphy -- I apologize for the frustration.  We believe the fix will take another month.

Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Frequent Visitor

yeah that's ridiculous. This is a simple peer to peer connection on a internal network. This is Networking 101. Who do I speak to about getting a refund on the Pods?

Official Employee

voodoomurphy -- To get a full refund, you'll need to return your Pods within 30 days.

If you purchased your Pods at an Xfinity Store, you must return them to the store along with the receipt.

If you purchased your Pods online, you can either return them to an Xfinity Store or take them to a UPS Store. (No prepaid label is required - just head to a UPS Store and they will handle the rest.)

Frequent Visitor

yeah it's painfully obvious that I didn't buy them within 30 days since it's been weeks between replies from you lot. This is ridiculous.

Frequent Visitor

So it's coming up on a month Rachel. How close is engineering to implementing a fix for this?

Official Employee

voodoomurphy -- Thanks for reaching out -- we're still on target for the timeframe originally communicated.  I can reach back out once the fix has been implemented!

Frequent Visitor

XFI pods and Wifi have different VLANS. Why?

So I'm not sure when this change was implemented, but now my Desktop PC (which is connected to my Pod ethernet port) is on a 192.168 VLAN and all the other devices on my network (whcih are all connected via Wifi) are on a 10.0 VLAN. Initally this was not the case but now I've gone from not being able to connect to my NAS to not even being able to connect to my Printer. This was not the inial implementation of the Pods networking. Is this a part of "the fix" that's being implemented to correct the pods?

And before any of the "volunteers" reccomend switching to Wifi, I can't. My desktop PC only has an ethernet port.

Official Employee

Re: XFI pods and Wifi have different VLANS. Why?

voodoomurphy -- What you describe is related to the issue we're working on.  When was the last time you were able to connect to your printer (connected via WiFi) from your Desktop PC (connected via ethernet to a Pod)?

Frequent Visitor

Re: XFI pods and Wifi have different VLANS. Why?

I'm not entirely sure, but I think about a month ago.

Frequent Visitor

Update on XFi and Pods connectivity issue?

Comcast Reps: You said the update would take a month and it has now been a few days past that promised deadline.  I am still unable to connect to any other device within my network from the wired port on the Pod. My network is still split into 2 different VLANS and I have found I am unable to port forward to IPs in the 192 VLAN becuase the port forwarding system only recognizes IPs in the original 10.0.0.XXX vlan.

Can we get an update on this please?

Highlighted
Official Employee

Re: Update on XFi and Pods connectivity issue?

voodoomurphy --  The update is taking longer than anticipated to roll out and will not be available for several weeks. We will provide an update when the issue has been resolved. 

Frequent Visitor

Re: Update on XFi and Pods connectivity issue?

ok, then at this point I need a phone number for executive relations so I can get a refund on the XFi pods and the months of service that I've been waiting for this "fix".