Community Forum

Connection Setup

Highlighted
New Poster

Connection Setup

Hi, all. Earlier today I picked up my self-install kit for a Comcast internet connection, and after setting everything up, the connection does not work. I proceeded to start the troubleshooting process, and have come to the conclusion that the issue must be somewhere upstream of the coax outlet on the wall.

My question is whether it's possible for me to manually perform the connection in the box on the side of my house myself, or MUST I wait for a tech to show up? Normally I wouldn't be loathe to a tech needing to pay a visit, but I'm an OTR truck driver and today is the only day I'm able to be home before I must go back out on the truck again for 2 or more weeks.

Thanks in advance for the help
Highlighted
Diamond Problem Solver

Re: Connection Setup

It’s your house, you can try anything you think will help. If you can, hook up the modem to the coax connection coming up to the house, to see if you get a usable signal or not.

I am a Retired Official Comcast Employee
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark a post as the Best Answer!
Highlighted
New Poster

I went to attempt your suggestion, and upon opening the box I quickly found which cable was Comcast's tap. Turns out the previous tenants had unplugged it, and instead plugged in a cable running to a satellite dish that is mounted on the roof (odd that I never noticed said satellite dish before now, come to think of it). I undid their change, and lo and behold, the connection works now
Highlighted
Diamond Problem Solver

Glad you got it going. Safe travels.

I am a Retired Official Comcast Employee
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark a post as the Best Answer!