Community Forum

Connecting my internet...self install

New Poster

Connecting my internet...self install

I picked up my self install package that I ordered via live chat...I told operator I am a Directv customer and I was told my address was self install eligible...I followed Comcast from outside but Directv has my bedroom tv split on it...and I am not able to set up my Gateway...I followed all instructions
Expert

Re: Connecting my internet...self install

Can  you verify that you have a coaxial cable outlet elsewhere in your home that's live and connected to Comcast? 

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
Official Employee

If you’re keeping Directv, You’re going to have to put your gateway where Direct tv isn’t or run a new coax cable to that spot.

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
New Poster

How do I run a new cable..do I hook it to the splitter that is outside...or is that not usable because of the Directv
Official Employee

You would need to purchase a length of cable ( only you would know the distance) or have a tech install or the gateway would have to go in a room that has a coax outlet that doesn’t have directv.

That cable would go right to the ground block outside where you followed the Comcast line originally

Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Official Employee

Hello, LisaB318. Welcome and thank you for posting! Let us know how you'd like to move forward and we can continue assisting. Thanks!

Official Employee

Hi, LisaB318. I never heard back from you on this. I am still happy to help you with this, if needed. In that event, please create a new post due to the amount of time that has passed. Thank you!