Community Forum

Connecting iPhone, iPad to Xfi

Frequent Visitor

Connecting iPhone, iPad to Xfi

For some reason I cannot connect my phone, tablet to Xfi.  Each time I try I get a message "Let's try that Again", unable to load my settings.  I have called numerous times about the issue. I have tried all the suggestions and they have all failed.  One agent told me that Xfi was down and should be up.  Still nothing.  Is Xfi still down??  Please help.  I swapped my modem for an Xfi capable modem.

Highlighted
Expert

Re: Connecting iPhone, iPad to Xfi

What happens when you go to :

Settings | WiFi

on your iOS device and connect to your wireless network from there?

Or do you mean that you don't have access to xFi from your iOS device?

"The one thing that you have that nobody else has is you. Your voice, your mind, your story, your vision. So write and draw and build and play and dance and live as only you can." - Neil Gaiman
Frequent Visitor

Hello, sorry for the confusion.  I am having trouble connecting my iPhone/Pad to Xfi.  I am able connect to the wifi.  

Thanks,

Henry

Expert

Are you using the app?
Can you connect on a PC or Mac?
How long has it been since you upgraded? (It took a couple of days for xFi to work for me)

"The one thing that you have that nobody else has is you. Your voice, your mind, your story, your vision. So write and draw and build and play and dance and live as only you can." - Neil Gaiman
Frequent Visitor

Yes, I am using the app. I have yet to be connected to Xfi using the app.  Yes, I can access Xfi from my laptop and Mac.  I upgraded about one week ago.  Quite a mystery.

Silver Problem Solver

What are you seeing on your devices connection attempts?

I am not a Comcast employee; I am just a customer, volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
Frequent Visitor

On every attempt to login to login to Xfi I get a message saying “Let’s Try That Again”. Unable to load settings.  I am able to login by desk top or laptop 

Silver Problem Solver

Are you using the same credentials you use to log in with a PC?

I am not a Comcast employee; I am just a customer, volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
Frequent Visitor

Yes

Silver Problem Solver

@HenryL1 wrote:

Yes

Than try calling 1800comcast.

Frequent Visitor

Thanks for your help

Official Employee

We're sorry this is happening. We suggest trying to clear you App Chache and App Data. If that doesn't solve it, you may need to delete and reinstall the app. xFi is up and running. If you're still having a problem, I can assist you. Please send me a private message with your full name, and account number by clicking on my name and then "private message me" and we can get started. 

Frequent Visitor

@ComcastDaniella We are having the same issue.  All other devices connect to xFi network: laptops, tablets, TV streaming devices.  But none of our iPhones can connect; we have 3 in all.  Please help! Thanks!

Frequent Visitor

SOLVED.  It actually was an issue with the iPhones.  I had to manually join the networks on the iPhones in Settings, then under "Choose a Network" selected "Other," and then entering the network's name and security type.  iPhones are now on the xFi network.