Community Forum

Connecting XFi pods

Highlighted
Frequent Visitor

Connecting XFi pods

I purchased a set of 6 pods. When I try to connect the first pod through the xFi app, it keeps telling me to “Try Again”. I have called Xfinity support twice but they cannot solve the issue and both times have scheduled a technician to come to the house. The first technician that came to my house said they were not trained on the pods, and while he tried to help, he was not able to get the pods to connect either. The second time I called Xfinity support they assured me they were sending a special network technician that could help. Before the second technician came to my house, he called to ask me what issue I was having. When I told him he gave me the same story that they were not trained on the xFi pods and shoe could not help me . Also, after the first call to xFinity support, they told me to exchanged the pods which I did but still no luck getting the pods to connect. Anyone else having this issue or know how to solve this issue and get the pods to connect. I am using an iPhone to try and connect the pods. Comcast obviously can’t help, so I appreciate any help!! Thanks
Highlighted
Silver Problem Solver

Re: Connecting XFi pods

@GTW1 wrote:
I purchased a set of 6 pods. When I try to connect the first pod through the xFi app, it keeps telling me to “Try Again”. I have called Xfinity support twice but they cannot solve the issue and both times have scheduled a technician to come to the house. The first technician that came to my house said they were not trained on the pods, and while he tried to help, he was not able to get the pods to connect either. The second time I called Xfinity support they assured me they were sending a special network technician that could help. Before the second technician came to my house, he called to ask me what issue I was having. When I told him he gave me the same story that they were not trained on the xFi pods and shoe could not help me . Also, after the first call to xFinity support, they told me to exchanged the pods which I did but still no luck getting the pods to connect. Anyone else having this issue or know how to solve this issue and get the pods to connect. I am using an iPhone to try and connect the pods. Comcast obviously can’t help, so I appreciate any help!! Thanks

Is this what you tried?

https://www.xfinity.com/support/articles/activate-xfi-pod-with-xfi-app

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am just a customer, volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as best answer!
Highlighted
Frequent Visitor

Yes these are the instructions I have tried many times but the first pod will not connect, so I can’t get pass step 1 of 3.
I am going to swap out the box of pods today for the second time and then try again. I am trying to connect the pods with my iPhone. I may try and find a friend with an Android phone and see if maybe that is the issue.
I appreciate your time in trying to help me solve this issue.
Highlighted
Official Employee

Hi @GTW1

Sorry for the experience you're having. I wanted to follow up with you to see if you are having any issues with the new pods after replacing them? Were you able to find a friend with an Android device to see if you are able to duplicate the issue? 

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
Highlighted
Frequent Visitor

I tried connecting the new pods with my iPhone and they still will not connect. I have not yet been able to try an Android phone to see if it will work.
Highlighted
Silver Problem Solver

@GTW1 wrote:
I tried connecting the new pods with my iPhone and they still will not connect. I have not yet been able to try an Android phone to see if it will work.

Is the iPhone using the correct SSID/password?

https://www.xfinity.com/support/articles/view-change-wifi-password

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am just a customer, volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as best answer!
Highlighted
Frequent Visitor

Yes. I am logged into the correct network. I have also tried connecting with an Android phone and the first pod still will not connect.
Highlighted
Official Employee

Hi there, GTW1. 

How are you pods set up around the home? 

Is that first pod the farthest away from the modem? 

Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Highlighted
Frequent Visitor

I have tried connecting the first pod in outlets anywhere from 6 feet away from the modem to about 30 feet away but cannot get the first pod to connect. Since the first pod will not connect I have not been able to get to step 2 to connect the remaining 5 pods. I have tried connecting the first pod with an iPhone and Android and neither has worked. I have also tried 3 different sets of pods and with each set I cannot get the first pod to connect. I keep getting a message to try again.
Highlighted
Official Employee

GTW1, let's try troubleshooting this from the account to get the Pods up and running. Can you please send me a PM with your first and last name to get started? 

To send me a Private Message, please click my name “ComcastAlly” and click “Send a message.”

Admin1

GTW1 - Thank you for working with us via PM. I am pleased to hear that getting you a new modem has resolved is Pod issue. Please let us know if anything else comes up and we'll get you taken care of.