Community Forum

Connected devices not showing and vice versa

New Poster

Connected devices not showing and vice versa

Good Morning,
I check XFi every morning. Today my son who is connected is showing as connected and my son that isn’t connected is showing as connected. I have tried rebooting everything. I have also deleted my xFi app and reinstalled, as well as checking online. It all says the same thing. It makes me nervous to trust the data usage portion. I use this stuff to not only teach how much we use, but to monitor how much time my kids are online. I don’t know if it is the new update I did or what. Can someone please help?
Tags (1)
Official Employee

Re: Connected devices not showing and vice versa

AHamilton1976, thanks for posting. Have you confirmed the connected statuses with your sons' phones? 

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
Contributor

I'm having the same issue. My son is sitting right next to me and is watching YouTube on his tablet. It's not showing up on the app as connected. Neither is my wife's phone. They have before. Obviously, my son is now bypassing the time restriction. And yes, I have rebooted gateway and logged out of app, and did everyother of the usual generic recommendations.

@hicidhe wrote:
I'm having the same issue. My son is sitting right next to me and is watching YouTube on his tablet. It's not showing up on the app as connected. Neither is my wife's phone. They have before. Obviously, my son is now bypassing the time restriction. And yes, I have rebooted gateway and logged out of app, and did everyother of the usual generic recommendations.

Check to see if you can find the device in the gateway's list of connected devices.

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am just a customer, volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as best answer!
New Poster

Same exact problem.  Using my iPad to change xfinsettings yet it itself comes up as disconnected.  Meanwhile mystery devices are connected??

gotta love how these problems get posted and never get resolved.

New Poster

Same issue here.  I am sitting next to a device that is clearly on the network, but xFi says it's not connected.  Have you discovered anything yet?

Contributor

And same here. The app says my iPhone is not connected... but I'm using that device to ACCESS the gateway with the app!!!

I reinstalled the app, but did not restart the gateway box as I'm afraid that if I shut it down it won't come back!!

All my devices are working just fine. My guess is the problem is in the xFi app and that it will get fixed in the next version... which will probably be very soon. 

New Poster

Same Issue

I connected my computer (running Windows 8) at a friend's house. I then changed my comcast email and password for the account. I tried to delete the connection, but it will not forget the network / password. The device also doesn't show up under Services > Internet >  Xfinity WiFi Hotspot Connected Devices > Manage Devices. I talked to an Xfinity rep and they didn't know what to do, and said that I needed to delete the connection settings on the device, even though I'm having an issue of not being able to remove the network / password.

So my options are, remove the usb wireless adapter from inside the computer, or disable the network in the network adapter settings.  Neither are doable when I'm not physically at the device. If there's a solution to this problem, I think we would all appreciate a link.

Official Employee

Re: Same Issue

Hi all, 

The team is investigating reports of devices showing incorrect online/offline status in xFi. I do not have an answer for you at this time as it's difficult to troubleshoot, but please know that we are looking into it. 

Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
New Poster

I have the same issue. Chatted with Comcast support a few months ago who confirmed there is no known solution. It's incredibly frustrating, since it seems to happen all the time. Devices that I know are online (I'm actively using them on wifi, can Ping them from my Windows laptop) show in the xFi App, website and in the router web interface (10.0.0.1) as offline.

Frequent Visitor

Exact same issue

New Poster

I am seeing the same thing.  The device in question is connected via ethernet cable.  I am wondering that because it is set for private network via windows 10 networking that perhaps that is a factor in not being recognized?  

New Poster

Well, it’s been two full months since you stated your team is lookin* into it and still no resolution to this problem. So either you people at Comcast are incompetent or you are liars. Which is it ? 

New Poster

I see many people are having this issue. We recently switched to Xfinity and I'm hoping this issue isn't affecting our data usage. With no resolution in sight, I'm ready to cancel services.
Frequent Visitor

Since 12/2018 ???

Highlighted
Official Employee

Cross posting this from another thread:

At this time, the issue regarding incorrect device status (Connected vs Not Connected) showing in xFi should be 100% resolved for all customers with an Arris 3482G, Technicolor CGM4140COM, Cisco 3941T and the Arris 1682G

If you continue to see this issue with incorrect device status, I would first recommend doing a Gateway reboot or power cycle. The best way to do this would be to unplug the Gateway's power cord, wait 10 seconds and then plug it back it. This will ensure that the Gateway has the most up-to-date firmware. 

If you have attempted a Gateway reboot but are still seeing this issue, please reach out to us and let us know.

We appreciate everyone's patience while this was getting fixed and would like to apologize for the time that it took to reach full resolution.