Community Forum

Connected Devices to WiFi, Not Showing on app as Connected also no data usage showing

New Poster

Connected Devices to WiFi, Not Showing on app as Connected also no data usage showing

I have installed my Gateway modem/router less than 24 hrs ago. Connection seems to be fine for all devices. The issue I cannot resolve despite getting the modem restarted multiple times and even trying to change the network name, is connection of devices showing on the Xfinity app. It's yet to once show correctly all devices that are truly on our network WiFi. Additionally, I am seeing no usuage stats. Nothing at all. Seems like something is wrong here but not sure what. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks. 

Silver Problem Solver

Re: Connected Devices to WiFi, Not Showing on app as Connected also no data usage showing

@anwphotog wrote:

I have installed my Gateway modem/router less than 24 hrs ago. Connection seems to be fine for all devices. The issue I cannot resolve despite getting the modem restarted multiple times and even trying to change the network name, is connection of devices showing on the Xfinity app. It's yet to once show correctly all devices that are truly on our network WiFi. Additionally, I am seeing no usuage stats. Nothing at all. Seems like something is wrong here but not sure what. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks. 

I have 33 devices in xFi.  I check it every day and the number of connected devices varies between 13 and 18 devices.  If a wifi device is not powered on it shows as unconnected.

I have never found the usagefor each device to be of any value.  The relative usage by user is all I look at and the most active is either me or my oldest son, so I don't bother with that anymore.

Monthly usage is what I watch.

https://customer.xfinity.com/#/services/internet

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am just a customer, volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as best answer!