Community Forum

Connected Devices Not Showing

New Poster

Connected Devices Not Showing

I have seen this topic elsewhere but have yet to find a solution. I currently have 6 devices connected to my network. 1 via Ethernet and the other 5 via WiFi. Yet when I use my xFi App or go to my modem Configuration Page it’s only showing 2 devices being connected. The Ethernet device always shows and one WiFi device is showing but the other 4 connected devices connected via WiFi aren’t showing on either as connected even though they clearly are. I have rebooted my modem, uninstalled/reinstalled xFi, and renewed lease on all WiFi connected devices and nothing helps. I don’t seem to be the only customer having this issue and it’s becoming a real hassle. My kids are able to get around the parental features as well as time limits all because their connected devices aren’t showing up on my network. This is a huge issue that needs to be addressed as I am sure like any parent; I don’t want my 15 year old daughter up till 3am on a school night using her iPhone. That’s why I intrusted Xfinity and use the parental/time restraints offered on xFi and modem Configuration Page. Someone; please help. I’m at my wits end and don’t know what else to do beyond just disconnecting the internet at night. And before I am asked; yes, I checked all connected devices to ensure that they were indeed connected to my home network on each device. So the issue isn’t the devices. It’s with the network, modem, and xFi app.
Frequent Visitor

Re: Connected Devices Not Showing

As you stated, this seems to be a major new issue likely cropped up in some recent firmware updates for the routers (Comcast is pretty mum on this but it's the obvious culprit).  I am right now browsing the internet with my phone which is connected to my Wi-Fi and the xFi and Admin console screens both list that device as not connected.  My other phone is by my side and has the WiFi turned off for the past half hour and it still shows up as connected in xFi and VERY oddly doesn't show up AT ALL in the Admin Console screens (neither connected nor disconnected).  It's amazing a bug this huge got out of Philly wihout being noticed, they should at least do a rollback on the routers until they get this fixed as this is a big issue.  Comcast seemed like they were on a roll for a while a few years ago, but lately they are really dropping the ball on a number of fronts.

New Poster

I am having the same issue. It shows that my phone is not connected when it clearly is. It makes me wonder if things that are “not connected “ really are.
Silver Problem Solver

@RobinTW wrote:
I am having the same issue. It shows that my phone is not connected when it clearly is. It makes me wonder if things that are “not connected “ really are.

My XB6 gateway appeared in my xFi app yesterday; it shows a not connected.

I have a total of 23 devices not connected, including all my X1 STB's and my family's phones that aren't on the premises.

Each day, my number of connected devices varies from 13 to 17+.

I have no idea why devices show as not connected.

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am just a customer, volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as best answer!
Official Employee

If you are still experiencing this issue, we would like to look into it further.

Can you please send me a screenshot of xFi showing the device in the wrong status, as well as a screenshot from the device at that same time showing that it is connected to your home network?

In addition to those, I would need to know the date and time that these screenshots were captured (timestamp I can usually get from the screenshots, but please include it just in case). 

Thanks!

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
New Poster

How do I send you a screenshot?