Community Forum

Connected Devices Not Showing

Frequent Visitor

Re: Connected Devices Not Showing

Understand the concern but unless you wish to pause different items the devcei connect list is meaningless. For me performace was key and that issue seems to be pretty much resolved.

 

Frequent Visitor

Re: Connected Devices Not Showing

It's a concern if you wish to control access for your kids devices which you can't do if they don't show as being connected.
Frequent Visitor

Re: Connected Devices Not Showing

Agree- not an issue with me.

New Poster

Re: Connected Devices Not Showing

I have the same problem. Neither my Xbox one nor the PlayStation are showing up as connected to the network although they both clearly are. This means that screen time setting are not working because even though these devices are clearly on and connected to the internet it shows that they have used 0 time.
Silver Problem Solver

Re: Connected Devices Not Showing


@Jlnobles wrote:
I have the same problem. Neither my Xbox one nor the PlayStation are showing up as connected to the network although they both clearly are. This means that screen time setting are not working because even though these devices are clearly on and connected to the internet it shows that they have used 0 time.

I have the same issue with some of my devices.  I'm not conerned unless I can't use the device on my network.

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am just a customer, volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as best answer!
Frequent Visitor

Re: Connected Devices Not Showing

Right, I imagine this issue is of the most concern to people with KIDS, like me. 

It's a huge problem.

Official Employee

Re: Connected Devices Not Showing

Hi folks, 

 

Thanks for taking the time to post on the forums about your devices not connecting into xFi. Are any of you using xFi pods? Are those missing devices connected to an xFi pod? 

 

Ken


I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
Frequent Visitor

Re: Connected Devices Not Showing


@ComcastKenF wrote:

Hi folks, 

 

Thanks for taking the time to post on the forums about your devices not connecting into xFi. Are any of you using xFi pods? Are those missing devices connected to an xFi pod? 

 

Ken


Yes i'm using xFi pods. I have devices that sometimes connect to the pods, but it seems like nothing is consistent regarding the connected devices.. Nothing connects to one of the pods so I'm going to move it. The good news for me is the performance is consistent. 

Frequent Visitor

Re: Connected Devices Not Showing


@Lisa500 wrote:

Right, I imagine this issue is of the most concern to people with KIDS, like me. 

It's a huge problem.



It appears you can pause non-connected devices. 
Official Employee

Re: Connected Devices Not Showing

@ComcastKenF wrote:

Hi folks, 

 

Thanks for taking the time to post on the forums about your devices not connecting into xFi. Are any of you using xFi pods? Are those missing devices connected to an xFi pod? 

 

Ken

Yes i'm using xFi pods. I have devices that sometimes connect to the pods, but it seems like nothing is consistent regarding the connected devices.. Nothing connects to one of the pods so I'm going to move it. The good news for me is the performance is consistent. 

Anon31999, thanks for this info! Appreciate your partnership while we figure this out together! Are any of the disconnected device in xFi, one or all of the devices that are connected to the pods? 

 

Ken


I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
New Poster

Re: Connected Devices Not Showing


@ComcastBrittany wrote:

Hi all, I would like to offer my apologies for the delay in this issue getting resolved. I understand the impact this may have had over the past months, but the teams have been working on this.

 

For customers with xFi Pods, the issue is resolved. If you are still seeing this issue please let us know and we can investigate.

 

For customers without xFi Pods, the issue is in the process of being fixed for each Gateway model. Customers with an Arris 3482G should see resolution over next few weeks.

I will provide updates on the other Gateway models when available.


Are there any more updates on this? We are still experiencing this issue and as others have stated, it is very frustrating when you are a parent of young teens. Thanks.

Official Employee

Re: Connected Devices Not Showing


@ComcastBrittany wrote:

@ComcastBrittany wrote:

Hi all, I would like to offer my apologies for the delay in this issue getting resolved. I understand the impact this may have had over the past months, but the teams have been working on this.

 

For customers with xFi Pods, the issue is resolved. If you are still seeing this issue please let us know and we can investigate.

 

For customers without xFi Pods, the issue is in the process of being fixed for each Gateway model. Customers with an Arris 3482G should see resolution over next few weeks.

I will provide updates on the other Gateway models when available.


 

Hi everyone, I wanted to provide an update on this. 

 

This issue should be 100% resolved for all customers with an Arris 3482G and Technicolor CGM4140COM. 

We are still working on getting the code fix implemented for customers with an Arris 1682G and a Cisco 3941T. I will update this thread when I have more information for these. 

 

 


Hi All,

Below is where we stand with the latest status. 

 

This issue should be 100% resolved for all customers with an Arris 3482G, Technicolor CGM4140COM and the Cisco 3941T. 

 

The update is currently rolling out for customers with an Arris 1682G. You should start seeing improvement over the next 2 weeks. 

I will respond when it is completely resolved. 


I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
Frequent Visitor

Re: Connected Devices Not Showing

Thanks for the status!  I have that modem, and look forward to the resolution!

Frequent Visitor

Re: Connected Devices Not Showing

Hi,

I have a Technicolor gateway and the issue persists. The main problem for me is that, because the device is not showing as connected, there is no way to assign a port forwarding rule because it is not in the dropdown list of connected devices.

Therefore, this is not an isolated issue or related to the model of the HW or Xpods, etc. It is more related to the admin portal and that is where comcast should be working on a solution, or else open the gateway native admin portal to users.

Frequent Visitor

Re: Connected Devices Not Showing

July 30th 2019 here with a Technicolor modem and the problem still persists.

Frequent Visitor

Re: Connected Devices Not Showing

7/30/2019 and still seeing the same issue in Technicolor CGM4140COM gateway

Official Employee

Re: Connected Devices Not Showing

 

Hi,

I have a Technicolor gateway and the issue persists. The main problem for me is that, because the device is not showing as connected, there is no way to assign a port forwarding rule because it is not in the dropdown list of connected devices.

Therefore, this is not an isolated issue or related to the model of the HW or Xpods, etc. It is more related to the admin portal and that is where comcast should be working on a solution, or else open the gateway native admin portal to users.

YorchGtz, thanks for letting us know about this! I'd be happy to get in touch with the xFi team to have this reported for you as well. Please send me a private message with your full name for help. Just click my name and then on the next page, you'll see an option to send me a private message on the top right hand side.  


I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
Frequent Visitor

Re: Connected Devices Not Showing

I am having the same problem. Just got off a call with support for almost 2 hours, they couldn't identify the issue, much as they tried.

Modem: Technicolor CGM4140COM

Firmware revision: CGM4140COM_3.5pl0s1_prod_sey

Ticket number: CR859516484

Can someone from Comcast please check if the firmware version for this modem is "fixed" or not.

The strange thing is that I had this setup and it was working, except for one of the ports. So I went in to remove that port forward and add it back, that's when I noticed the port forwarding page said something about the rules not being associated with a device, and then I noticed the device I want to forward to is not listed in the dropdown.

I thought it might be just not showing ethernet devices, and although my PS4 on ethernet doesn't show up, my other popcorn hour ethernet device DOES show up.

The device I want to forward to does show up on the devices page, as well as on the Network -> Gateway list of devices, just not in the port forwarding drop-down list of devices.

Frequent Visitor

Re: Connected Devices Not Showing

in case anyone gets directed here due to the same problem, I finally found out that your device needs to have IPv6 disabled in order to show up in the port forward devices dropdown list. After you disable IPv6 in your device, you then need to wait for the router to release the address if it had already assigned one (it takes quite long so you may want to reset/power off-on your router to force this) and then wait again for the xFi portal to be refreshed and your device to show up. All of this could be saved if the port forwarding option could be enabled again directly in the router and not through the creepy portal.

Frequent Visitor

Re: Connected Devices Not Showing

Any idea how long it takes for the router to "forget" the ipv6 address? I disabled ipv6 on my Linux box and rebooted the modem, but even though the Linux box doesn't show an ipv6 address the modem still has one associated with it.
Highlighted
Official Employee

Re: Connected Devices Not Showing


@ComcastBrittany wrote:

@ComcastBrittany wrote:

@ComcastBrittany wrote:

Hi all, I would like to offer my apologies for the delay in this issue getting resolved. I understand the impact this may have had over the past months, but the teams have been working on this.

 

For customers with xFi Pods, the issue is resolved. If you are still seeing this issue please let us know and we can investigate.

 

For customers without xFi Pods, the issue is in the process of being fixed for each Gateway model. Customers with an Arris 3482G should see resolution over next few weeks.

I will provide updates on the other Gateway models when available.


 

Hi everyone, I wanted to provide an update on this. 

 

This issue should be 100% resolved for all customers with an Arris 3482G and Technicolor CGM4140COM. 

We are still working on getting the code fix implemented for customers with an Arris 1682G and a Cisco 3941T. I will update this thread when I have more information for these. 

 

 


Hi All,

Below is where we stand with the latest status. 

 

This issue should be 100% resolved for all customers with an Arris 3482G, Technicolor CGM4140COM and the Cisco 3941T. 

 

The update is currently rolling out for customers with an Arris 1682G. You should start seeing improvement over the next 2 weeks. 

I will respond when it is completely resolved. 


Hi All, 

At this time, the issue regarding incorrect device status (Connected vs Not Connected) showing in xFi should be 100% resolved for all customers with an Arris 3482G, Technicolor CGM4140COM, Cisco 3941T and the Arris 1682G (yay!). 

 

If you continue to see this issue with incorrect device status, I would first recommend doing a Gateway reboot or power cycle. The best way to do this would be to unplug the Gateway's power cord, wait 10 seconds and then plug it back it. This will ensure that the Gateway has the most up-to-date firmware. 

 

If you have attempted a Gateway reboot but are still seeing this issue, please reach out to us and let us know.

 

We appreciate everyone's patience while this was getting fixed and would like to apologize for the time that it took to reach full resolution. 


I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
Frequent Visitor

Re: Connected Devices Not Showing

Great news! Thanks for following through with this, Brittany!! 

 

Frequent Visitor

Re: Connected Devices Not Showing

Hi Brittany,

To be clear, does this fix now NOT require us to disable IPv6 on the LAN devices? Or is that still required? I did a soft reset via the web site, but it still isn't forgetting the IPv6 address and still doesn't show up in the port forwarding, but I will try pulling the power cord when I get home.

 

*edit* - had my wife unplug it. Still doesn't work. The device on the gateway still shows an IPv6 address (the Linux box does NOT show one), and I can't forward to that device name.


Thanks!

Official Employee

Re: Connected Devices Not Showing

Hi @jkcarrol, this resolution was specific to devices showing Offline/Online in xFi incorrectly. 

In regard to port forwarding, you will still need to disable the device's IPv6 (or set the IPv4 as preferred) if you wish to set up a port forward for it. Once you do that, I would recommend disconnecting that device from the internet for a short time and then reconnecting it to see if it that helps. 

 

If you continue to experience this issue, I would recommend starting a new thread specific to port forwarding. 

This thread will soon be closed. 

 


I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!