Community Forum

Comcast won’t give info

New Poster

Comcast won’t give info

My internet usage will spike 100gb in a day and Comcast said they would submit a ticket to tell me which devices and yet they never contact me back and start the process all over. It’s jnoossible that I’m using 350gb of data in a week. I don’t download anything and although my cable is internet based, it can’t consume 350gb in a week.
Silver Problem Solver

Re: Comcast won’t give info

@darkhorsegl wrote:
My internet usage will spike 100gb in a day and Comcast said they would submit a ticket to tell me which devices and yet they never contact me back and start the process all over. It’s jnoossible that I’m using 350gb of data in a week. I don’t download anything and although my cable is internet based, it can’t consume 350gb in a week.

Any chance a neighbor is using your xfinitywifi SSID?

https://www.xfinity.com/support/articles/xfinity-wifi-hotspots

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am just a customer, volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as best answer!
Official Employee

Re: Comcast won’t give info

darkhorsegl, that definitely sounds a bit strange. I would definitely recommend changing your SSID password and reaching back out to CSA to have this looked into further. 

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!