Community Forum

Changing name of wifi 2.4

Highlighted
New Poster

Changing name of wifi 2.4

I had to have a technician come to the house last week to change out my cable box. She changed the Wi-Fi names from Monson_2.4 and Monson_5 to both of them being simply "Monson". My Guardzilla security cameras cannot find the 2.4 internet now, so I cannot hook them back up. I downloaded the xfi app, but I can't figure out how to change the names back.
Tags (5)
Official Employee

Re: Changing name of wifi 2.4

xFi provides Xfinity customers the ability to personalize and control their home WiFi experience. To access and manage your WiFi information:
Login at www.xfinity.com/myxFi or via the Xfinity xFi app (Download Apple / Android).
At the top of the Overview page, your WiFi name(s) is displayed. To see your password, touch or click Show Passwords.
To make changes, touch or click Edit WiFi.
Select Apply Changes after making any updates.
You can also do it from the MyAccount app

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
Official Employee

Re: Changing name of wifi 2.4

Kim4peace, as I have not heard back from you in some time, I have closed this thread to further comments. If you still need assistance, please feel free to start a new thread. 

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!