Community Forum

Cannot rename 2 of the many devices on my xFi

Regular Visitor

Cannot rename 2 of the many devices on my xFi

So, I noticed that two of our devices got renamed slightly.  The problem with this is that while I wish to change the names back, I found these are the only devices that I cannot do so.  Any other devices I can rename just fine.  One is an iPhone 7 Plus and the other is an iPhone 8 Plus.  Of the other devices that I can rename, one of them is an iPhone 8 Plus.  I have no recollection of naming these wrong originally everyone else in my family is also claiming to not be responsible, but the fact that this is the only thing wrong is strange.

Any way to fix this?  I've tried forgetting the devices and then reconnecting them and they show up with the new name with the inability to correct them.  I even forgot one of the devices, forgot the network on the device, and then reconnected altogether and nothing.

Official Employee

Re: Cannot rename 2 of the many devices on my xFi

Hi, Tailsohki! Welcome to our community! I can check why you are having an issue with changing names in xFi. Please send me a private message and include your full name, the account holder's name as it's listed on the billing statement. Click on my name ComcastElla, then click Send a message.  

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
New Poster

This is the account holder’s account now. I cannot private message you with this right now, but we tried to rename the phones through the Xfinity Mobile app instead of XFi and it works with one phone but not the ones named John and Ralph H
Official Employee

@Rehenschog - Thank you for posting and welcome to our community! All Xfinity Mobile devices should be renamed from the Xfinity Mobile app/website, we just recently made that change. However, there is a known issue from the Xfinity Mobile side where the name doesn't update properly so it will not push any updates to the xFi system. 

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!