Community Forum

Cannot order free Xfi Pods

New Poster

Cannot order free Xfi Pods

I upgraded to Xfi Advantage a few weeks ago and today received an email telling me my wifi assessment was completed and that they determined I was entitled for 3 free Xfi pods, since the wifi has honestly been horrible and my home is rather big.

When I click the link to get the pods for free that I received in the email, I'm redirected to the Xfi pods page, I click on "Get Pods" and then redirected again. The page shows some loading and text like "Adding to your plan", etc. After a few seconds it redirects once more and shows a page that says "It looks like this product isn't available for you to purchase right now. Please check back again soon" or something similar to that. I've now chatted with 2 different people, and called Comcast directly and their solution is, well, they have none. They say the only way to get the pods is via the link, which doesn't work. What am I supposed to do here? It seems like every single time I try to do something with Comcast it costs me a few hours of my day which is absolutely absurd.
Official Employee

Re: Cannot order free Xfi Pods

Thanks for reaching out. I was able to pull up your account & take a look at the issue you described. I have sent you a private message with additional information. Private messages can be accessed by clicking on the envelope icon in the upper right hand corner of any forums page. Thanks!

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
New Poster

I upgraded to Xfi Advantage a few weeks ago and today received an email telling me my wifi assessment was completed and that they determined I was entitled for 3 free Xfi pods, since wifi  signal is not strong When I click the link to get the pods for free that I received in the email, I'm redirected to the Xfi pods page, I click on "Get Pods" and then redirected again. The page shows some loading and text like:

Looks like Netflix is part of your plan.

To make any changes, just call 1-800-XFINITY.

I  called Comcast directly I was talking with Several people and their solution is, well, they have none. They say the only way to get the pods is via the link, which doesn't work.  The last person I spoke with told me that they have been sent automatically ?? but there is no confirmation for this auction, no tracking number, no email, absolutely nothing ????? I have been informed that shipping will take 4 to 6 weeks :-( I would like to have some update in this matter, Where are my pads?? when I get them? any update?? 

Official Employee

Hi @rusinki 

Thanks for reaching out. I was able to pull up your account & take a look at the issue you described. I have sent you a private message with additional information. 

Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Regular Visitor

I also have tried to order my free pods. Link not active. I received a message from Xfinity stating my signal is working perfectly. It is not perfect by a long shot. Buffering and freezing or locked screens are common.
My 5100 sq ft home isn't by no means covered by the router. I had to purchase an extender to cover my main floor. My basement gets very little to mo service. I too was promised 3 pods when I purchased unlimited 250 mb 4k router service.
Can you help me get my pods, or get me a link or person to talk to to get them. I started service middle of april. The router given to me quit working after 3 weeks.
I upgraded on the exchange to high speed 4k service. Approximately 1 week later it too burned up. Then again I exchanged it for another 4k router.
It has been holding up so far. The buffering and locked screens continue.
Please help
Official Employee

@dgmc2 

Thanks for reaching out. I have sent you a private message with additional information. Private messages can be accessed by clicking on the envelope icon in the upper right hand corner of any forums page. Thanks!

Regular Visitor

I have been given the run around on these xFi pods. My internet DOES NOT WORK in the lower half of my home. I just got this service installed 5 days ago. Why am I paying for a service that does not work?! I have wasted several hours on the phone with people telling me different things. FOUR of these people told me that I could bypass the 14 day waiting period to get these pods and that I could fill out the form and they would be sent immediately due to me working from home and not being able to do my job. I called to check the status on the form that I filled out yesterday and now I am told that again, I have to wait the 14 days. All tech support techs have checked and can see that I am unable to use my internet in one of the main rooms in my home. I am about to cancel this service as this has been a total waste of my time. It's very frustrated, I have lost time sitting on hold and arguing with multiple people that each one says something different, I've had THREE technicians at my home, and still NO RESOLUTION. All have told me that the pods will fix the issue. I cannot even use my ring doorbell because the connection is weak. But again, I'm told that I have to wait 14 days by one person and the next person says they can bypass it and get these out to me. Honestly, this service should be free until these pods are sent to me. I'm actively looking into other service providers that can get me working service ASAP. 

Official Employee

Hi @elanham917 

Thanks for reaching out. I'm checking on the status of the pods ordered using the form you filled out. I'll be in touch as soon as I hear back.

Thanks,

Hana

Official Employee

Hi @elanham917 

I have sent you a private message with additional information. Private messages can be accessed by clicking on the envelope icon in the upper right hand corner of any forums page. Thanks!

New Poster

Well don't feel like you're the Lone Ranger. Comcast promises the moon, but like AT&T, DirecTV, etc your problem is just that . . . Your problem! I can't get pods either. Big business cares for one thing only - the bottom line.
Regular Visitor

They ended up sending them to me after I posted my issue here. They help, but my internet is still spotty in a certain room in my house. 

Silver Problem Solver

@elanham917 wrote:

They ended up sending them to me after I posted my issue here. They help, but my internet is still spotty in a certain room in my house. 

My home was built in 1950 and the wood framing is very dense and causes issues with my wifi.  After trying several devices like Powerline and wifi extenders, I finally got it resolved by installing the Orbi and turning off my XB6 Gateway wifi:

https://www.smallnetbuilder.com/tools/rankers/wifi-system/view

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am just a customer, volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as best answer!
Regular Visitor

Have you tried a different browser.
Official Employee Digital Care

Hi @elanham917, thank you for following up with us here with this concern. It sounds like you need some one on one help with getting this issue resolved. For further assistance can you please send a private message including the full name as it appears on the account and your full name if different? To send a Private Message, please click Comcast_Support” and click “send a message.

Regular Visitor

I upgraded several weeks ago and then received an email telling me I was eligible for 3 free xfi pods.  I have tried several times myself and once with the guidance of a comcast Service Rep and it appeared as though it was ordered but still no delivery of the xpods.  What is going on. Is this a scam? How can I address this issue with someone in Comcast management.  I apparently, I'm not the only one with this problem.

Official Employee

Hello, all! 

I'm happy to help check on the status of the xFi Pods. Please feel free to send me a PM with your first and last name to get started. 

Regular Visitor

My name is ***. Thanks for checking up on my order for the Xfi pods.

[Edited for private info]

Official Employee Digital Care

Hello Ron17th, thank you for your reply.  Could you please send us a private message with your account information.

To send a Private Message, please click Comcast_Support” and click “send a message.

New Poster

I put my order in for the xpods a while ago. I still haven't received anything. Can you follow up on them for me?
Silver Problem Solver

@Blazelore wrote:
I put my order in for the xpods a while ago. I still haven't received anything. Can you follow up on them for me?

Maybe customer service can find out - 1800comcast?

I am just a customer, volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
Official Employee

Hi @Blazelore 

Thanks for reaching out. I have sent you a private message with additional information. Private messages can be accessed by clicking on the envelope icon in the upper right hand corner of any forums page. Thanks!

New Poster

Can I go to my local store and pickup my free pods  

Regular Visitor

@RobertWy which Orbi did you get? I see so many and so many mixed reviews. Do you send the other modem back to xfinity so you aren't charged? I'm desperate at this point. I'm tired of sitting on the phone going through the same troubleshooting steps. My TV and internet in my living room only works half of the time, it's effecting my job (I work form home) and my sanity. 
@RobertWy wrote:

@elanham917 wrote:

My home was built in 1950 and the wood framing is very dense and causes issues with my wifi.  After trying several devices like Powerline and wifi extenders, I finally got it resolved by installing the Orbi and turning off my XB6 Gateway wifi:

Silver Problem Solver

@elanham917 wrote:

@RobertWy which Orbi did you get? I see so many and so many mixed reviews. Do you send the other modem back to xfinity so you aren't charged? I'm desperate at this point. I'm tired of sitting on the phone going through the same troubleshooting steps. My TV and internet in my living room only works half of the time, it's effecting my job (I work form home) and my sanity. 
@RobertWy wrote:

@elanham917 wrote:

You might need additional satellites, depending on how large your home is.

https://www.amazon.com/Netgear-System-Advanced-Protection-RBK53S-100NAS/dp/B07RXNRZ4L/ref=sr_1_9?key...

Official Employee

Hi @dashsr57 

Currently, you can only redeem pods using the link provided in the WiFi Assessment results e-mail if your WiFi Assessment determines that your home network could benefit from Pods. That link will also be available on the Overview tab of xFi (in the Just For You section) and the xFi Notification Center. 

Thanks,

Hana

@dashsr57 wrote:

Can I go to my local store and pickup my free pods