Community Forum

Can't use xFi app

Highlighted
Regular Visitor

Can't use xFi app

Hi, I recently had installed xFinity internet service in my house. It works and I can connect to the Internet. However, to set up xFi pods that I bought I needed to use the xFi app. However, when I sign into the xFi app it tells me to contact support and that "we're having some trouble activating your Gateway." My dashboard tells me my internet activation is still pending.  Whenever I activate it online, it says I'm good to go, but I still receive the same message on the app.  

Silver Problem Solver

Re: Can't use xFi app

@dongh wrote:

Hi, I recently had installed xFinity internet service in my house. It works and I can connect to the Internet. However, to set up xFi pods that I bought I needed to use the xFi app. However, when I sign into the xFi app it tells me to contact support and that "we're having some trouble activating your Gateway." My dashboard tells me my internet activation is still pending.  Whenever I activate it online, it says I'm good to go, but I still receive the same message on the app.  

Do you have either the XB3 or XB6 Gateway?

One thing you can try is to unplug the power cord from the Gateway and plug it back in.

Let us know if that works.

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am just a customer, volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as best answer!
Official Employee

Hi @dongh 

Could you please share your account number or current xfinity username with me via Private Message.  I think your e-mail address is pulling up an old account for you.

Thanks,

Hana

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
Official Employee

dongh let's situated your account. Like Hana said, if your UID is associated with the previous account you won't be able to use it in the apps, in this case, xFi, so you can activate the xFi pods. Please send me a private message with your full name for help. Just click my name and then on the next page, you'll see an option to send me a private message on the top right hand side.  

Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Official Employee

dongh, glad we were able to transfer your username from your previous account to your new one to solve the issue! Please post again if you need further assistance. Thanks for being a valued customer! 

Ken