Community Forum

Can't find Device for Port Forwarding

New Poster

Can't find Device for Port Forwarding

I can not find my PC or my friend's device on the Port Forwarding page section. I've switch my PC's IP to IPv4 and it still doesn't show up. Am pretty upset about this cause I can't play a few of my games cause of this Port Forward fiasco. Please help with this!!!

Highlighted
Administrator

Re: Can't find Device for Port Forwarding

@amyarnett9236,

Welcome to the Xfinity Forum and thank you for posting your question here. We sincerely apologize that you are experiencing difficulty when attempting to set up port forwarding on your Xfinity Gateway. What network name are you connected to when attempting to set up the port forward? I only ask as if you don't see the device listed, it may not be connected to your home network.

For additional details on the different ways to set up port forwarding on your Xfinity Gateway see here: https://forums.xfinity.com/t5/Internet/ANSWERED-How-to-set-up-Port-Forwarding-on-your-Xfinity/ta-p/3...

There are some additional details about port forwarding created by forum users such as yourself found here: https://forums.xfinity.com/t5/Internet/ANSWERED-Port-Forwarding-Primer/ta-p/2941128

We look forward to hearing about your network connection and any troubleshooting steps that you have taken.

Please let us know if you have any other questions or need anything else. 

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
New Poster

I'm on Network 2 cause when I first set up Xfi Modem/Router it wouldn't connect to Network 1 and give us Internet.

I'll look into the links you provided as well.

When I go into the Admin Tool and go to Advanced Setting-Port Forwarding I don't have a Switch that says Enable-Disable. It's just a link that sends me to the Xfinity Network settings page in my account.

New Poster

I'm having the Same issue! I just switched to xFinity and am already starting to regret it after seeing all these posts.

I originally Received the Switch to enable Port forwarding through the router. Then after difficulty the router was restaretd and now, Poof. No more ability to edit through the router itself. I only receive the link to use xfi. Which gives me little absolutely no control on actually setting up a correct port forwarding.

The device list at best shows me random machines i guess based on it's mood that hour? because it generates a different list everytime i go back to it. and it NEVER shows the computer(s) i need - which is the computer i am using to access xFi so it is even more rediculous. Everyone is on the same network, No IPv6, have tried dhcp and reserved IPs. 

New Poster

Experiencing the exact same issue its extremely frustrating. The stragest thing is I was able to set up a single port orginally but not that I want to go back and add another one my device is no where to be found. The port i opened is still there and its functional, I can even edit it manually (This is what ive been forced to do whenever i want to use a different port) its even running under the correct IP for my device, but instead of showing my device's name it shows "no associated device". As far as I can tell Xfi is just awful and restrictive in an attempt to make port forwarding easier. It doesnt even accomplish that though since its clearly not functional.

New Poster

I know you menetioned you changed to IPv4, but the way I was able to circumvent the issue was by makign sure to Uncheck the option for IPv6 in the network adapter. Basically completely shutting it off. This allowed me to see my machine name finally in the stupid xFi app.

Unfortunately, however, the port forwarding app doesn't seem work anyway. Once I setup the port to forward (whether I manaully set it up or selected from the choices) my ports are still shut. very frustrating indeed.

Hope you have some better luck!

New Poster

Well apparently after looking I didn't change to IPv4, I went into my Network Settings and unchecked IPv6 but that doesn't change your preferred one. So I'm back to square 1 with the problem. One way I've seen to change the preferred setting is going into the Registry and I'm not confident with doing that.