Community Forum

Can i turn 5Ghz off and then back on after security camera install?

New Poster

Can i turn 5Ghz off and then back on after security camera install?

How do I turn off the 5Ghz while I install wifi cameras and then turn it back on.

Silver Problem Solver

Re: Can i turn 5Ghz off and then back on after security camera install?

You shouldn't need to if you have two SSID's, one for 2.4 and the other for 5.0.

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am just a customer, volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as best answer!
New Poster

I was told by friend that he had to log in to router administrator/password to install his identical system. ?
Silver Problem Solver

@RM1954 wrote:
I was told by friend that he had to log in to router administrator/password to install his identical system. ?

If you mean security camera, try it and see.

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am just a customer, volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as best answer!
Official Employee

Hi @RM1954

You can  temporarily disable the 5 GHz WiFi band so that the mobile you are using for setup only connects to the 2.4 GHz band. Please follow these steps for it:

1. From a computer or device connected to the Gateway, open an Internet browser and access the Admin Tool at http://10.0.0.1.2. Once logged in, select Connection and then Wi-Fi.3. Select EDIT at the end of the row for the 5 GHz Frequency Band.4. Select Disable and then SAVE SETTINGS.5. Complete set up of the device using the device app 6. Go back into the Admin Tool and re-enable the 5 GHz band

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!