Community Forum

Bedtime mode bypass

Highlighted
Regular Visitor

Bedtime mode bypass

my son found a way to bypass Xfi's Bedtime mode. On the Xfi App his PC is showing as Paused or in Bedtime mode; however, he is still connecting to the web.

I need assistance on how to prevent this from happening.

thanks

Highlighted
Silver Problem Solver

Re: Bedtime mode bypass

@eschutte wrote:

my son found a way to bypass Xfi's Bedtime mode. On the Xfi App his PC is showing as Paused or in Bedtime mode; however, he is still connecting to the web.

I need assistance on how to prevent this from happening.

thanks

One way would be for him to install a VPN on his device.

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am just a customer, volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as best answer!
Highlighted
Regular Visitor

Thanks Robert...  Apparently there is more than one way for kids to bypass the Bedtime mode. Youtube has several videos on this. 
What i need is help from Xfinity on how to prevent this. I was made aware that there is a setting deep in the router that can block VPNs. I have been trying for almost a month to talk to someone at Xfinity that can help me

Highlighted
New Poster

Same issue. Can someone from xfinity respond to this please? Parental controls are easily circumvented! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gpg85l7Fb4E

Fixing this issue would be fairly easy; xfinity simply needs to assign a new device to a default profile. Currently, a new device has the least restrictions. Changing a MAC address on a device makes it looks like a new one.

Thank you

Highlighted
Official Employee

Hello, everyone!
We appreciate you reaching out to us here with your concerns. If a user is utilizing a VPN to get around the parental controls, I would advise reconfiguring the child's PC. There are options to create user profiles on the PC itself with parental controls that restrict the ability to download anything, including VPN software, without the admin password. 

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!