Community Forum

Bedtime locked out all my devices

New Poster

Bedtime locked out all my devices

I was without internet for 2 days.   My ethernet connected iMac could not connect to the internet and I was getting a message saying this device is paused or in bedtime mode.  At the time this haappened I didn't have the xfi app.  All the self help comcast docs said to get xfi to control all this.  So I got xfi and it didn't help and then comcast support told me I caused the problem with xfi.

After two days of this the "problem went away by itself."  

What am I missing

Official Employee

Re: Bedtime locked out all my devices

Hi there, cut_the_cord. 

In your setting on the Xfi app, there is a parental lock. 

Bedtime Mode

Bedtime Mode allows you to automatically pause WiFi access over your home network during scheduled times for all devices assigned to a profile. For example, you can pause kids' WiFi access during dinnertime or bedtime. Different schedules can be set for school nights (Sunday - Thursday) and weekends (Friday - Saturday).

To set Bedtime Mode, select a profile, then select Edit next to Bedtime Mode. Select the desired nights for Bedtime Mode and the sleep and wake times for all devices that are assigned to that profile. All devices assigned to that profile will then be paused during the sleep times selected. If you have a single device you'd like to set Bedtime Mode for, first assign it to a profile. Once assigned, select that Profile, and then Edit next to Bedtime Mode.

If any device assigned to that profile attempts to access a website, app or service outside a web browser (e.g., mobile email app) during a scheduled Bedtime Mode, the user will see the device’s default message that the website cannot be reached or that it is not connected to the Internet.

Note: If you've previously set up a scheduled block for a device(s) from your Gateway's Admin Tool (http://10.0.0.1), you should be alerted when you attempt to set up Bedtime Mode that your prior settings will be cleared. Once you access Bedtime Mode, Pause/Unpause a device or access Port Forwarding through xFi, you will no longer be able to access similar features (scheduled block, block or port forwarding) through the Gateway's Admin Tool (http://10.0.0.1).

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
Official Employee

Hello again, cut_the_cord. 

I wanted to reach out and touch base one more time. 

Did you have any other questions? 

Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Official Employee

I will now be closing this post out due to nonactivity. If you have any other questions, please feel free to reach out. 

Thanks and take care!