Community Forum

Bedtime Mode will not work

Regular Visitor

Bedtime Mode will not work

Having issues with Bedtime mode in particular my sons Xbox one. Only been able to pause it a couple of times 2 weeks ago when we first had Xfinity install the internet and modem. but throughout this last 10 days even when the app and the computer indicates bedtime mode is operational and the device has been paused or disconnected I find my son playing on it more than an hour after it was supposed to be disconnected.  Tried switching the router off and on as well as the Xbox only to find bedtime mode has no control of it whatsoever.

Any thoughts on why its not working in this case?

Called support a couple of times with no luck but its frustrating as the main reason we switched to xfinity from ATT in the first place was, so we can easily control our children’s internet time without unplugging all devices and hauling them downstairs every night.

Official Employee

Re: Bedtime Mode will not work

I can assist you. So that I can take a look at your account, please send me a private message and include your full name and account primary email address. Please click on my name to see my profile, and then hit the blue "Send Message" button.  

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
Regular Visitor

Been working with Comcast since a switched to Xfi in early August but there are 2 devices belonging to my teenage boys that continue to work despite bedtime mode or on pause.

Xbox one can continue to stream Netflix several hours after bedtime mode is activated, We have a gaming PC that since having the PC lan or wireless card replaced no longer responds to bedtime mode or pause even though I have captured the correct new address for the device.

The devices that continue to work are not connected to any hot spots as that was checked and ruled out,

Uninstalled / reinstalled app etc but no luck! I have given up finally as has Comcast.

The one feature that made me switch to Xfi turns out to be the one feature that doesn’t work!!

Official Employee

@GKER1, I just ran a sync process that should help out with this issue. Can you please check and see if bedtime schedules work as expected? 

Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Regular Visitor

The gaming PC can still play games, run aps and talk to other online players while in bedtime mode. The other device (Xbox) while in bedtime mode it will shut down gaming most of the time but will only stop streaming through netflix if the device is powered down and restarted while in bedtime mode.

Official Employee

Okay, please send me a Private Message with your Account Number as well as the MAC Address for the Xbox you are referring to. I can get a ticket created for further investigation. 

To send a private message, click on my name and then the blue "Send a Message" button. 

Thanks!

Frequent Visitor

I am having the same exact problem as this user.  I use bedtime mode to shut off wifi for any devices that might be tempting during homework time.  Every day, I call to check on my son how his homework is going and he's still on his xbox.  I used to be able to wake up the device at that point and then pause it and that would shut it off, but now that isn't even working.  It's very frustrating.

Official Employee

@sact wrote:

I am having the same exact problem as this user.  I use bedtime mode to shut off wifi for any devices that might be tempting during homework time.  Every day, I call to check on my son how his homework is going and he's still on his xbox.  I used to be able to wake up the device at that point and then pause it and that would shut it off, but now that isn't even working.  It's very frustrating.

Hi, I'm sorry you are also experiencing this issue. Can you please remove the bedtime rules from your son's profile and then reassign them? 

Monitor the devices after doing this and please let me know if the issue persists. 

New Poster

My kids figured out how to get around the rules by renaming their device or changing their IP address. I have a message in to see if they have any solutions. Could your kid be doing same? If you keep seeing new devices, maybe.
Frequent Visitor

@ComcastBrittany I am pretty sure I tried that already, but I will do it again and let you know. Thanks.

Frequent Visitor

@kdstew71  Thanks for the reply, but I don't think he's done that.  He is genuinely annoyed at himself for not being able to stop playing and get to his homework.  He actually thanked me for putting the restrictions in place.  Try to figure that one out!  Smiley Happy

Official Employee

Hi @sact did removing and then adding back the bedtime rules help?

If not and you are still experiencing this issue, please send me a private message with the following and I will be happy to help out. 

- Your service ZIP code (to verify your account)

- The profile in xFi for which devices are not pausing. 

Thanks!

Frequent Visitor

@ComcastBrittany no, that did not work.  How do I send a private message?

Official Employee

@sact wrote:

@ComcastBrittany no, that did not work.  How do I send a private message?

You can click on my name "ComcastBrittany" and then "Send a Message". Please provide the MAC address of the device(s) not pausing under the bedtime rules. Thanks!

New Poster

Just found my son playing past his "bedtime." The device clearly shows it's in sleep mode on the app but the usage shows it going on well past when it was automatically switched over. This used to work all the time. Any resolution to this?
Silver Problem Solver

@bmculp wrote:
Just found my son playing past his "bedtime." The device clearly shows it's in sleep mode on the app but the usage shows it going on well past when it was automatically switched over. This used to work all the time. Any resolution to this?

Any chance you son is old enough to change the name of his device?

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am just a customer, volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as best answer!
Official Employee

Hi @bmculp, if you can confirm that your son's devices remain connected to the home WiFi network and can still access the internet while in bedtime mode, please send me a Private Message and I would be happy to look into it. 

I will need your service address to verify the account as well as the MAC Address for the device that is not pausing when it should. 

Thanks!

New Poster

I am having this same issue on my Samsung Galaxy Se Tablet please can you guide me the steps into getting out of bedtime mode on the chrome website from xfinity Website
Official Employee

@Stymecia16, from  www.xfinity.com/myxfi, you can access the People tab. From there, select the profile you wish to remove the Bedtime schedule from, and then Edit next to Bedtime Mode. Uncheck the boxes for the schedules and click Apply Changes. This will remove the Bedtime Mode schedules and devices will no longer pause at scheduled times. 

Official Employee

Hey Stymecia16, appreciate you taking the time to post on the forums today! 

Here are some quick steps to disabling bedtime mode on a profile in xFi: https://www.xfinity.com/support/articles/personalize-customize-hnetwork-xfi?

I also got your private message so I'll follow up with you there. 

Ken