Community Forum

Battery

Highlighted
New Poster

Battery

Received new gateway, but I here was no battery. Is this normal?
Official Employee

Re: Battery

Yes it is

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
Frequent Visitor

Re: Battery

Since Comcast employee's answer is unsatisfactory, it is almost like a bot had answered it, I feel the need to add a few points:

1. I was also looking at what the battery does (that is how I found your post), and it is only to keep your phone line up for an extra 6-12 hours, not the wifi. If you have a cell phone and wireless signal, then having that extra battery feature in case of emergency is not usefull, and your cell phone battery will die in the same amount of time anyway. So you are better off with a battery pack to charge your cell phone.

2. Comcast doesn't supply a battery in their modem anymore. You can have them install one ut it would come at tripple the price of doing it yourself. What Comcast should do (and maybe they are doing it) is during the installation look at whether the client doesn't have a cell phone or wireless signal and determine that this person needs the battery.