Xfinity plant
Community Forum
Xfinity globe

Android xf1

New Poster

Android xf1

Downloaded app from Google play but not working with my phone running nougat 7.1.1. When i sign in tells me i am already logged, when i continue takes me back to sign in the back to already sign in....never ending loop. Got the app working on my other devices running 5.1. Is this a compatibility issue with nougat 7.1.1. I have delete reinstalled and disabled back up setting not to install from previous install prior deletion to no avail. Any advice to resolve frustration on installing this app.

Official Employee

Re: Android xf1

He, leomanjr - What browser do you use on your phone? Have you tried to click "Sign in as someone else" and the re-enter your login information? 

New Poster

I am using firefox on my phone. I tried uninstalling it then disabled remember settings from setting to start from scratch and also tried "sign in as someone else" and same result....never ending loop of sign in then tells me already logged in and if I click on continue takes me back to sign in then all over again. I don't have problem with my tablet running lollipop 5.1.1 only problem is when I upgraded phone with nougat 7.1.1. Don't know if it's compatibility issue with app installed running with nougat 7.1.1.

Official Employee

This sounds like a compatibility issue, do you have troubles using any other apps or Comcast services on your phone? Have you tried streaming with our "Xfinity Stream" app? 

New Poster

I can use connect with no problem. Xf1 & my account apps I can't use...they loop from sign in and already logged in. Done removed then reinstalled from scratch and sign in as deferent user to no avail. All 3 apps works fine with my tablet running lollipop 5.1.1.

Official Employee

Thank you for confirming, your equipment is not compatible with the app which is why it works on your tablet and not your phone. Please click on this link to see what devices and browsers are compatible with our app.