Community Forum

Account still believes there is Xfi Pods associated to the account

Frequent Visitor

Account still believes there is Xfi Pods associated to the account

Pleading any comcast employee to help me. I am paying for Gigabit speed and I am getting low speed at home. I want to manually choose my channel seelction, mode and bandwidth. It says it is being managed automatically, which is causing low speed for me. I was getting high speed when I was managing it manually. I had Xfi PODS earlier, but have returned it to Store. I think it is still assuming I have Xfi pods. I want to manage my netowrk manually and not in the automated fashion, which is killing my network. Can somebody from Comcast please help me. I have 2 different network names for 2.4 and 5 GHz. Also I have 2 different passwords for the same. Can someone please help me.

Wi-Fi Mode, Security Mode, Channel Selection, Channel Mode, and Channel Bandwidth are being managed automatically to help optimize your home Wi-Fi network and improve Wi-Fi coverage. To edit your Wi-Fi Network Name & Network password, please download the Xfinity xFi app or visit xfinity.com/myxfi.

Frequent Visitor

Re: Somebody from Comcast, please help me. Not sure what to do

I spoke again to Xfinity advanced technical support. They are telling my Xfi app and router thinks that I have a XFI pod, when it is not there. They are not sure how to delete the Xfi pod from the account so that I can get back my manual settings control. I do not have any Xfi pods. I have different names for 2.4 and 5 Ghz and different passwords also. 

Highlighted
Frequent Visitor

Xfipod - Not able to remove from account. Returned 3 weeks back to Xfinity store.

Dear Comcast, I had Xfipods for 1 day, 3 weeks back. I was not happy, it was slowing down my network significantly. I returned the Xfipods. My account still believes that there are Xfipods on the account. To try everything properly. I went to the xfinity store and exchanged the gateway. When i was activating the gateway, it was saying Waiting for Xfipods (Screen image attached). Clearly some where in the backend, it has XFIpods on the account. Can you please have the engineering team take care of this. I have seen many folks had this issue and Level 3 Engineering team was able to take care of this. Please help. This is killing my wifi network at home. 

IMG_4053.PNG