Xfinity plant
Community Forum
Xfinity globe

5 GHZ light no longer comes on

Frequent Visitor

5 GHZ light no longer comes on

Something must have happened during the last 3 hours.   The 5 GHz light on the Arris TG1682 Gateway is no longer lit.   My iphone joined to the 5 GHz network, and I kept getting invalid password.  I restarted the gateway, and ony the 2.4 is lit.   I set my iphone to the 2.4 GHz network, with no problem, and tried the 5 GHz network, and it was able to connect.

Did Comcast tuen off the 5 GHz band on the gateway?    I checked the xFi app, and I defintely have two distinct SSID names and passwords.

Any thoughts?

Thanks,

Wayne

Expert

Re: 5 GHZ light no longer comes on

@schacht_w wrote:

Something must have happened during the last 3 hours.   The 5 GHz light on the Arris TG1682 Gateway is no longer lit.   My iphone joined to the 5 GHz network, and I kept getting invalid password.  I restarted the gateway, and ony the 2.4 is lit.   I set my iphone to the 2.4 GHz network, with no problem, and tried the 5 GHz network, and it was able to connect.

Did Comcast tuen off the 5 GHz band on the gateway?    I checked the xFi app, and I defintely have two distinct SSID names and passwords.

Any thoughts?

Thanks,

Wayne

Do you have a wifi device like a smart phone or tablet so you can chect to see if both SSID's are being broadcasted? (I assume you assigned separate SSID's for each band)