Community Forum

License issue :: TVAPP-00142

Highlighted
New Poster

When trying to stream to the TV via IPad Pro 11 I get the following error

This video stream is not playable under the current device conditions. Please disconnect any external devices (including AirPlay) and try again.

I am in Maryland and using the Ipad connecting with the account in Florida.  Any idea if I am doing something wrong?  Should the Ipad be in hotspot mode using my phone to push WiFi?   I am currently using the Ipad as the hotspot with no other WiFi connected.

Highlighted
Diamond Problem Solver

Re: License issue :: TVAPP-00142

The app doesn’t have the capability to do what you want, thus the error message and being told to disconnect external devices (the tv).

I am a Retired Official Comcast Employee
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark a post as the Best Answer!
Highlighted
Regular Visitor

I get the same error when trying to watch fox news channel 41 on my large screen computer display connected to my iphone 7 plus using an Apple lightening connector to HDMI adapter.  I can see the live stream of Fox channel 41 on my iphone with the Apple adapter plugged into my iphone and one end of the HDMI cable plugged into the Apple adapter  - but as soon as I connect the other end of the HDMI cable into the HDMI port of my large screen monitor I get this error message on both iphone screen and large computer monitor screen. Even if I disconnect the power cord to my large screen monitor and then plug HDMI cable into it the same thing happens

I am doing this from my summer home in another state and connecting to the Xfinity streaming App via my Spectrum ISP at my summer home..  As soom as I disconnect the HDMI cable from my large screen monitor the error message goes away and I am able to stream the live fox channel 41 on my iphone.  All I want to do is to connect my iphone via the Apple HDMI adapter to my large screen display so I can watch Fox channel 41  on my large screen computer monitor??

Highlighted
Diamond Problem Solver

The app, as explained above, doesn’t have the capability to connect a mobile device to an external source.

We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Highlighted
Expert

@bigwalt59 wrote:

I get the same error when trying to watch fox news channel 41 on my large screen computer display connected to my iphone 7 plus using an Apple lightening connector to HDMI adapter.  I can see the live stream of Fox channel 41 on my iphone with the Apple adapter plugged into my iphone and one end of the HDMI cable plugged into the Apple adapter  - but as soon as I connect the other end of the HDMI cable into the HDMI port of my large screen monitor I get this error message on both iphone screen and large computer monitor screen. Even if I disconnect the power cord to my large screen monitor and then plug HDMI cable into it the same thing happens

I am doing this from my summer home in another state and connecting to the Xfinity streaming App via my Spectrum ISP at my summer home..  As soom as I disconnect the HDMI cable from my large screen monitor the error message goes away and I am able to stream the live fox channel 41 on my iphone.  All I want to do is to connect my iphone via the Apple HDMI adapter to my large screen display so I can watch Fox channel 41  on my large screen computer monitor??

adding... you can use a modern roku device to do that.

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
Highlighted
Regular Visitor

I am using my Xfinity app on my iPhone and streaming from that. Does this liscense error have anything to do with the fact that my Xfinity network at home In Massachusetts is part of my Xfinity account and the network I am using in Maine to connect my iPhone to the Xfinity App is provided by Spectrum- not Xfinity?
Highlighted
Diamond Problem Solver

No, it means you can’t connect to your tv with the app through your phone, no matter where you are

Highlighted
New Poster

Why can't you stream the app in your own home wifi using airplay?  All I want to do is hook it up to a projector in my OWN home WIFI, why is this so difficult?  That is the dumbest thing I have ever heard.  I get being out of your home wifi, but what is the difference if I connect to my phone or my laptop?  I can connect my laptop and stream it.  Does comcast just not like apple where they like to block everything?  

Highlighted
Diamond Problem Solver

Use a Chromecast to your projector
https://forums.xfinity.com/t5/Stream-TV-App/Casting-Xfinity-Stream-Content-to-Chromecast-Now-Availab...

Highlighted
New Poster

My understanding is Xfinity intentionally blocks the ability to show Xfinity Stream on a TV by connecting an HDMI cable between an iPhone or iPad and a TV. I have been debating moving to AT&T Fiber and YouTube TV. This is probably the decision point for me
Highlighted
Expert

@bretkirkland wrote:
My understanding is Xfinity intentionally blocks the ability to show Xfinity Stream on a TV by connecting an HDMI cable between an iPhone or iPad and a TV. I have been debating moving to AT&T Fiber and YouTube TV. This is probably the decision point for me

you can use a chromecast device to stream to your TV, and HDMI connection is not allowed from a smart phone/tablet.

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
Highlighted
Official Employee

Thanks Rustyben.

Hi bretkirkland. Have you tried using Chromecast?

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Highlighted
New Poster

Yes, I have tried Chromecast but the picture is quite broken up.  I am using a very old Chromecast.  Do you know if the old Chromecast devices are known to have poor quality?

Highlighted
Official Employee

I have not heard that they're known to have less than good quality. I know that newer devices have better digital video decompression and can produce a high quality picture. You may also want to performance a speed test to confirm your WiFi range is delivering enough bandwidth to allow for a good picture quality. I recommend: https://comca.st/2GvrixA

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.