Community Forum

Closed Caption fonts not working

Highlighted
New Poster

Closed Caption fonts not working

The closed captions have been all mucked up on the streaming website for a couple months now. The caption fonts don't seem to be connected properly and whatever font my computer defaults to does not display correctly. If you look at what's happening in the console it appears that the fonts fail to download whenever I try to make changes via the "player settings" menu while streaming.

Screen Shot 2019-12-07 at 7.49.17 PM.png

We use closed captions for 95+% of the viewing we do in our household and this is making for a horrible experience, please have a dev look at this.

Highlighted
Silver Problem Solver

Re: Closed Caption fonts not working

@Kirk14 wrote:

The closed captions have been all mucked up on the streaming website for a couple months now. The caption fonts don't seem to be connected properly and whatever font my computer defaults to does not display correctly. If you look at what's happening in the console it appears that the fonts fail to download whenever I try to make changes via the "player settings" menu while streaming.

Screen Shot 2019-12-07 at 7.49.17 PM.png

We use closed captions for 95+% of the viewing we do in our household and this is making for a horrible experience, please have a dev look at this.

What device are you using? 

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am just a customer, volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as best answer!
Highlighted
New Poster

macbook pro

Highlighted
Silver Problem Solver

@Kirk14 wrote:

macbook pro

Do you have an iPhone to test with?

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am just a customer, volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as best answer!
Highlighted
New Poster

tested on my iphone and it seems to work there. Though on the phone it's using the xfinity streaming app and none of the same options are present. I'd imagine it's using a completely different system for subtitles on the iphone app.

Highlighted
Official Employee

Thank you for sharing your experience with us. Because our app is currently undergoing some upgrades, caption adjustments must be made directly in the Mac OSX system preferences instead of in our app. You can find the instructions here. Please give it a try and let us know how it works.

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!