xfinity Authenicator

Regular Visitor

xfinity Authenicator

Unistall Authenicator how to have tried but not able to do it

Expert

Re: xfinity Authenicator

@seti7777 wrote:

Unistall Authenicator how to have tried but not able to do it

upon what smart device did you install the authenticator app? if on an iphone, press and hold the app icon and press the x when the app icon starts shaking.

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
Highlighted
Administrator

Re: xfinity Authenicator

@seti7777 

Thank you so much for posting your question here in the Xfinity Forum. For un-installing the Xfinity Authenticator App see the below directions.

Before un-installing Xfinity Authenticator from your iOS/Android device, please make sure you manually remove the desired device in the My Account portal, you can do this by clicking on the “Recovery Options” link in the settings screen of the app:

Recovery Options.pngFigure 1. Recovery options link on Authenticator settings

Once you have removed your device, you can un-install the application from your phone. If you skip the previous step, you’ll keep being prompted to enter the 6-digit code from the Authenticator every time you log into your account until you remove the device manually in My Account.

If you have already un-installed Xfinity Authenticator before first removing your device, you can log in to the My Account portal and navigate to your two-step verification settings to manually remove the device from your account. 

Removed Device.pngFigure 2. Remove trusted Authenticator device in My Account portal

For additional information about the Xfinity Authenticator App including Frequently Asked Questions, see here https://forums.xfinity.com/t5/Xfinity-My-Account-App/Multi-Factor-Authentication-for-Signing-in-and-...

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!