Community Forum

xFi app now not working

Frequent Visitor

xFi app now not working

I didnt see a forum for the xFi app but hopefully someone can shed some light on this for me.

Everything was good yesterday morning, but then several Comcast techs came out to address an issue I had been having for sometime.  They didnt change my Gateway but they had it unconnected several times when they were changing  things out in several locations. Everything is fine now with my connection but for some reason i can't access my xFi app...it now ask me to sign in (which I didnt have to do before), so i sign in and it says "Settings Currently available."  It then asks me to either "Activate a New Gateway," or "Sign Out." 

NOTE:  My Xfinity Account app is fine. Other than my 4 tvs that i has identified earlier as different rooms now all just say "Set-top box," but i see where i can "Identify this box," so i think i can do that.  I'm more concerned now with the fact that i can't use the xFi app.  Do i need to call tech support so they can do something on their end so i can view the Xfi app again and everything i had set up months ago will sync, or should i do the "Activate a New Gateway?" (which it's not new---got it a week ago and everything was fine then.) Or do i uninstall the app and download again and maybe it would work?

Thanks

Brett

Highlighted
Silver Problem Solver

Re: xFi app now not working

@BAM wrote:

I didnt see a forum for the xFi app but hopefully someone can shed some light on this for me.

Everything was good yesterday morning, but then several Comcast techs came out to address an issue I had been having for sometime.  They didnt change my Gateway but they had it unconnected several times when they were changing  things out in several locations. Everything is fine now with my connection but for some reason i can't access my xFi app...it now ask me to sign in (which I didnt have to do before), so i sign in and it says "Settings Currently available."  It then asks me to either "Activate a New Gateway," or "Sign Out." 

NOTE:  My Xfinity Account app is fine. Other than my 4 tvs that i has identified earlier as different rooms now all just say "Set-top box," but i see where i can "Identify this box," so i think i can do that.  I'm more concerned now with the fact that i can't use the xFi app.  Do i need to call tech support so they can do something on their end so i can view the Xfi app again and everything i had set up months ago will sync, or should i do the "Activate a New Gateway?" (which it's not new---got it a week ago and everything was fine then.) Or do i uninstall the app and download again and maybe it would work?

Thanks

Brett

https://forums.xfinity.com/t5/Xfinity-xFi/bd-p/XFApp

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am just a customer, volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as best answer!
Official Employee

BAM, thanks for posting about your app concerns. I would recommend factory resetting your modem. 

Ken

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
Frequent Visitor

Ken...restarting the gateway did the trick! Thanks!
Official Employee

Thanks for confirming your resolution, BAM! 

Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Frequent Visitor

Dang....not working again
Official Employee

BAM, I'd like to take a closer look into this issue and see if we can find a more permanent solution to this for you. Please send me a private message with your first and last name so I can assist. 

To send a private message, click my name "ComcastTambrey", then click "send a message".

Official Employee

Re: XFi app issues

BAM, I'm so glad I was able to help figure out what was causing this issue with your login and get it fixed. Please don't hesitate to reach back out to us at any time if you need assistance again in the future. We are always here to help.