Community Forum

remove phone number from old account

New Poster

remove phone number from old account

my phone number is associated with someone elses account. how do i remove it from their old account.  my new service will not allow me to verify the phone number becuase it is associated with another account. 

Expert

Re: remove phone number from old account

@ash41700 wrote:

my phone number is associated with someone elses account. how do i remove it from their old account.  my new service will not allow me to verify the phone number becuase it is associated with another account. 

you may want to go into an Xfinity store to resolve that or call 800-Comcast and select billing. 

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
New Poster

customer support had me write the message on the forum. lol

thanks anyways

Bronze Problem Solver

Thank you for reaching out to us on the Forums, I would be happy to look at your account from here. To protect the privacy of your account, can you provide your full name exactly as it's listed on the billing statement? To send a private message click on my name, then click "Send a message".

I am a Retired Official Comcast Employee and no longer actively support the Xfinity Forum.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark a post as the Best Answer!