Community Forum

recordings in progress unable to stream to my MacBook

New Poster

recordings in progress unable to stream to my MacBook

I've recently been unable to watch current shows through the myxifinity.com that are in the process of recording on my MacBook Pro 2016. Instead it tells me this show is unavailable on demand and I need to pick something else to watch. This is very recent and I've had no probelms using chrome before. I've also different using different browers and of course restarting my MacBook. Any clues as to whats going on here?

Thanks 

Caitlin

Expert

Re: recordings in progress unable to stream to my MacBook


@CaitlinMcG wrote:

I've recently been unable to watch current shows through the myxifinity.com that are in the process of recording on my MacBook Pro 2016. Instead it tells me this show is unavailable on demand and I need to pick something else to watch. This is very recent and I've had no probelms using chrome before. I've also different using different browers and of course restarting my MacBook. Any clues as to whats going on here?

Thanks 

Caitlin


when not (edit: removed not) in home on your home wifi/ethernet youcan'watch shows in progress of recording. outside the home you must let the recording complete. 


I am not a Comcast employee; I am just a customer, volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.

If you'd like information about the Expert program, you can find it here.
Regular Contributor

Re: recordings in progress unable to stream to my MacBook


@Rustyben wrote:

@CaitlinMcG wrote:

I've recently been unable to watch current shows through the myxifinity.com that are in the process of recording on my MacBook Pro 2016. Instead it tells me this show is unavailable on demand and I need to pick something else to watch. This is very recent and I've had no probelms using chrome before. I've also different using different browers and of course restarting my MacBook. Any clues as to whats going on here?

Thanks 

Caitlin


when not in home on your home wifi/ethernet you can watch shows in progress of recording. outside the home you must let the recording complete. 


Isn't not in home and outside the home, the same thing?

Expert

Re: recordings in progress unable to stream to my MacBook


@Wolverine062 wrote:

@Rustyben wrote:

@CaitlinMcG wrote:

I've recently been unable to watch current shows through the myxifinity.com that are in the process of recording on my MacBook Pro 2016. Instead it tells me this show is unavailable on demand and I need to pick something else to watch. This is very recent and I've had no probelms using chrome before. I've also different using different browers and of course restarting my MacBook. Any clues as to whats going on here?

Thanks 

Caitlin


when not in home on your home wifi/ethernet you can watch shows in progress of recording. outside the home you must let the recording complete. 


Isn't not in home and outside the home, the same thing?


yes typo..correcting original now


I am not a Comcast employee; I am just a customer, volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.

If you'd like information about the Expert program, you can find it here.