Community Forum

"we're sorry. We weren't able to connect."

New Poster

"we're sorry. We weren't able to connect."

This is the same error I receive every time I open the MyAccount app. For months. Is this fixable or is the app unusable? I have tried to uninstall and reinstall the app several times.
Silver Problem Solver

Re: "we're sorry. We weren't able to connect."

@Philly44 wrote:
This is the same error I receive every time I open the MyAccount app. For months. Is this fixable or is the app unusable? I have tried to uninstall and reinstall the app several times.

Are you trying to connect to your Xfinity wifi network?

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am just a customer, volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as best answer!
New Poster

Yes.
Silver Problem Solver

@Philly44 wrote:
Yes.

Can you log in to this with your username and password?

https://customer.xfinity.com/#/settings/security#username-password

I am just a customer, volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
New Poster

Yes, I can log on with no issue.
Silver Problem Solver

@Philly44 wrote:
Yes, I can log on with no issue.

I still wonder if there is some kind of account issue, if you are able to use the same username/password for both online and wifi and wifi won't work.  Have you tried calling 1800comcast?

New Poster

Yes, and the only advice I was given to uninstall and reinstall the app, which I have done several times. Otherwise I have not received very good customer service or a solution.
Silver Problem Solver

@Philly44 wrote:
Yes, and the only advice I was given to uninstall and reinstall the app, which I have done several times. Otherwise I have not received very good customer service or a solution.

What mobile device are you using?  Does the device find you SSID?

New Poster

I'm using my cell phone, and the app does not do anything when I open it up except give me the error message. It does find the ssid when I log on through the website.
Silver Problem Solver

@Philly44 wrote:
I'm using my cell phone, and the app does not do anything when I open it up except give me the error message. It does find the ssid when I log on through the website.

So, your phone is connected to your SSID when you get the message with the app?

Official Employee

Hi Philly44,

Thank you for reporting this issue you're experiencing with the app and am sorry for the frustration this has caused. I can certainly help. Could you please send me a private message so that I can securely gather additional information to assist in resolving this issue as soon as possible? You can send me a private message by clicking on my username and then clicking "Send a message".

Thanks,

Renae

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!