Community Forum

"My Account" Android app says modem not connected.

Contributor

"My Account" Android app says modem not connected.

It's most definitely connected, and says so on the website.
Capture+_2018-03-15-09-51-38.png
New Poster

Re: "My Account" Android app says modem not connected.

I'm having the exact same issue. On top of that, I'm getting packet loss with my internet, lag on games online, and slower upload speed than usual.
Expert

@EricOnline wrote:
I'm having the exact same issue. On top of that, I'm getting packet loss with my internet, lag on games online, and slower upload speed than usual.

are you showing the green dot next to the modem now?

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
Contributor

Nope.
Capture+_2018-03-16-15-12-20.png
Expert

@scottbeamer wrote:
Nope.

compare that 'serial number' to the modem's HFC MAC address. same exact string of characters?

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Contributor

I have to assume its the same, I activated the modem online.
Official Employee

Hi scottbeamer, I would like to compare on my side here for you.  Please send me a private message with your account information (your name, address and account number). 

Thank you

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Contributor

PM sent.
Official Employee

Thank you  and I have replied.

Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
New Poster

Hi, was this resolved? I recently changed my modem and it shows not connected as well even though it is very much connected lol. A minor complaint I know but I’d like to have it resolved as well.
Contributor

Nope, @comcastphil has been working on it for me, though.
Official Employee

Hi miketex90,  I can look into this for you as well.  Please send me a private message with your account information (your name, address and account number). 

Thank you

Regular Contributor

I’m having the exact same problem with your iOS My Account app. Already spoke to level to support and no resolution. I’m still working with your phone support.
2B53DF95-0BD6-4648-BA68-F45606F05F73.png
Official Employee

Hi edelbeb, I can take a look at this for you,  Please send me a private message with your account information (your name, address and account number). 

Thank you

Official Employee

Hi miketex90,  I am showing you are working with our Twitter team currently but please reach out if you have any questions in the future.

Thank you

Official Employee

Hi scottbeamer, thank you for working with me through private message and your patience with our teams working through your ticket. It was determined that your modem is not compatible with our app status.  Please reach out if you have any questions in the future.

Thank you 

Official Employee

Hi edelbeb, thank you for working with me through private message and unfortunately, it was determined your modem does not support this feature as well.  Please reach out if you have any questions in the future.

Thank you for your time!