Community Forum

"Hi, it looks like you are a Netflix customer. Please call us at 1-800-XFINITY and we can help."

New Poster

"Hi, it looks like you are a Netflix customer. Please call us at 1-800-XFINITY and we can help."

My I go to "Manage Plan" I keep getting the following message: 

"Hi, it looks like you are a Netflix customer.

Please call us at 1-800-XFINITY and we can help."

The URL is https://www.xfinity.com/buy/plan/message/DFPLN3001

When calling customer support, nobody has any idea why it's doing that. I've talked to 3 customer service reps so far and have spent 30 minutes+ with each but have not gotten anywhere. I get the same message when going to myAccount through a browser. 

Anybody else have this issue, as it sure sounds like nobody at customer service has any idea what I'm talking about.

(And yes, did try to reinstall the app, restart the phone, use a different phone, restart the laptop, clear the browser cache, try a different browser, etc)

Any help would be very much appreciated Smiley Happy

Tags (1)
New Poster

Re: "Hi, it looks like you are a Netflix customer. Please call us at 1-800-XFINITY and we can

I am having the same issue. Was told by a rep that because we have a package that includes Netflix we cannot manage our services online. However, if we downgrade to a package that does not include Netflix we can manage our own services. Just doesn't make any sense to me.
Regular Visitor

Re: "Hi, it looks like you are a Netflix customer. Please call us at 1-800-XFINITY and we can

I have them same problem, spent alot of time on the phone and did not get a resonable answer, I will be contacting Comcast legal dept. because I see this as a deceptive practice. Will post results as this moves forward.

New Poster

Same issue with me.  New customer as of 2 sundays ago, and have spent more time on hold, talking to techs that don't know what's going on, people resetting my information over and over, and nothing is getting done.

I pointed out that I'm within the 30 day window and will cancel the service if I can't see what I'm supposed to be paying for, there's no shot I'll pay them a cent without being able to review my services.  

They have me on some escalated tier support that was supposed to call me back yesterday and no one called.  Called today again, and was promised a call.  

What's better is I had different techs tell me to use my one email address, then just the "first part of my email address", before the @ sign, and one said to use the comcast email account, and my personal email is my primary.  They each contradicted themselves about what works and what doesn't.  

Didn't have netflix prior to this either, and everything is functioning, I just want to be able to review my darn bill before I fork over money to someone.  I mean would you pay your dinner bill with out at least looking at the receipt?  

New Poster

Got a call back from a technician.  She said that this is a problem for everyone with Netflix through Comcast, and they don't know when it will be resolved.  She said it is a problem on Netflix's side.  

I asked what my options were and she said they can send me a paper bill.  I said that's not the issue, the issue is I am unable to review/change any of my services.  She said I would have to call to do that.  

I didn't try to do this from my television, I just thought of that now.  When I get home I can see what happens that way just for kicks.

I still have 2 weeks until I have to decide if I want to deal with this or not.  Maybe it'll be fixed by then.  

Official Employee

Re: "Hi, it looks like you are a Netflix customer. Please call us at 1-800-XFINITY and we can help."

Hello All, 

Are you still receiving this error message? 

New Poster

Re: "Hi, it looks like you are a Netflix customer. Please call us at 1-800-XFINITY and we can h

I am still seeing this! Please fix ASAP!

New Poster

Re: "Hi, it looks like you are a Netflix customer. Please call us at 1-800-XFINITY and we can h

I've been receiving this message for a few weeks now.
New Poster

I would really like to be able to manage my own TV .... why am I getting this notification?!
Highlighted
Official Employee

Re: "Hi, it looks like you are a Netflix customer. Please call us at 1-800-XFINITY and we can help."

Hello All, 

I received word that this should now be resolved. Please test on your end and confirm whether or not this is the case for you. If you are still receiving this error message, please send me a private message so I can investigate this further. 

To send a private message click on my name "ComcastChe", then click private message me. In the body of this message please verify your first and last name as it appears on your bill as well as the phone number or account number associated with your services. 

New Poster

@ComcastChe wrote:

Hello All, 

Are you still receiving this error message? 

Hi- I am new to the forum and I am currently still having this issue as of today. Unfortunately, I was unable to private message you. Are you still helping to resolve this issue?

Regular Visitor

I'm still having the same problem as well. This is just par for the course. I'm trying to order xfipods, and I can't because I keep getting this message. Way to shoot yourself in the foot Xfinity. And Xfinity wonders why people think they are garbage. Fix this.

New Poster

Does anyone at this dumpster fire of a company have a clue how to fix this and is anyone going to compensate us for all of the wasted time and lack of functioning product that we PAY FOR?  Also, I would highly recommend not sending a private message to anyone with your name and phone / account number.  Could be a phishing scam.  

Official Employee

Hello, 

@ewattob1, now that you've created a public message, you should now be able to send me a message with your account information so I can further investigate this for you. 

@dwaster, in order for an official employee like myself to assist you with getting this resolved, we will need those pieces of information to access your account so we can get this resolved. I have received your private message and am more than happy to help if you change your mind. I'll reach out to you shortly. 

@torgrimson, I can look into your account issues as well. Please shoot me a private message with your first and last name and the phone or account number associated with your services. 

Regular Visitor

I don't see a way to private message you from that page. Explain how to do that.

Expert

@torgrimson wrote:

I don't see a way to private message you from that page. Explain how to do that.

after you posted the feature should now be turned on. be sure to log in at top right corner of the web page.

I am not a Comcast employee; I am just a customer, volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.

If you'd like information about the Expert program, you can find it here(updated).
Regular Visitor

I'm still seeing this message. Can I please order xfi pods online?

Also? Why don't I get TruTV? Would be awesome if I can manage my TV.

This is an annoying issue.

Regular Visitor

There is no place to do that. You are wrong. Please look at the page.
Expert

@torgrimson wrote:
There is no place to do that. You are wrong. Please look at the page.

"sign in" upper right corner of page. click on the OE employees username in their post. click on message me. worked?

I am not a Comcast employee; I am just a customer, volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.

If you'd like information about the Expert program, you can find it here(updated).
New Poster

Having this issue as well. Will attempt to send a private message and see if it can be resolved. Thanks!

Official Employee

Hello All, 

I wanted to clarify, with the recent changes to the Forums, to send a private message click on my name "ComcastChe", then click send a message if you are still having issues. 

If I don't reply right away, I will reach out when I get back in the office. My working hours are Sunday-Thursday's 2:30-11 PM MST. 

New Poster

I'm also having this issue today, and even before getting Netflix through Comcast, I couldn't do anything to my account unless I called. Horrible customer service for a company trying to buy FOX for millions, but don't care about their own customers!!

Regular Visitor

I'm having this issue as well. This issue still is not fixed?

Regular Visitor

There is no way to send a private message 2 ComcastChe, or anyone else here. Rusty been, if you had done it let's see a tutorial with screenshots. Prove it.
Expert

@torgrimson wrote:
There is no way to send a private message 2 ComcastChe, or anyone else here. Rusty been, if you had done it let's see a tutorial with screenshots. Prove it.

first step is to go to upper right corner of web page and select 'sign in' and sign in. then when you click on @ComcastChe (the link to your left will work). then click on message me link. If you have not signed in and you have not made at least one post (current setting) in the forum then you will not be able to message anyone.

Regular Visitor

I get this page when I click comcastche link.  https://forums.xfinity.com/t5/user/viewprofilepage/user-id/6404918 There is no MESSAGE ME to click.  OR maybe we don't get that link even though we are signed in because of the same reason that we can't access our account information, or change service, or order anything without receiving the message, IT LOOKS LIKE YOU ARE A NETFLIX CUSTOMER, etc. Which has been the whole point of this very long and unresolved issue. Look man, it it's happening to everyone, then having one persons personnal account info isn't going to solve anything. This is obviously a programming issue. Send it up to someone who knows what they are doing.

Expert

@torgrimson wrote:

I get this page when I click comcastche link.  https://forums.xfinity.com/t5/user/viewprofilepage/user-id/6404918 There is no MESSAGE ME to click.  OR maybe we don't get that link even though we are signed in because of the same reason that we can't access our account information, or change service, or order anything without receiving the message, IT LOOKS LIKE YOU ARE A NETFLIX CUSTOMER, etc. Which has been the whole point of this very long and unresolved issue. Look man, it it's happening to everyone, then having one persons personnal account info isn't going to solve anything. This is obviously a programming issue. Send it up to someone who knows what they are doing.

when you select that link from a page you are logged in, does it look like this? (note red circled area)

Che1.jpg

Regular Visitor

Yes, I get it also. On phone with Comcast for over 2 hours. They blame my laptop and told me to put their app on my phone. I did this and same thing on my phone. Even went to their store and they said to call service! after I waited an hour in the store. This didn't start until they talked me into getting Netflix from them. 

Expert

@danielhorn wrote:

Yes, I get it also. On phone with Comcast for over 2 hours. They blame my laptop and told me to put their app on my phone. I did this and same thing on my phone. Even went to their store and they said to call service! after I waited an hour in the store. This didn't start until they talked me into getting Netflix from them. 

see the post just before your post and msg @ComcastChe - be sure to sign in at the upper right corner of the page to enable the 'message me' link.

New Poster

Same issue - forcing one post because you can't message people until you make one post.

@augustv wrote:

When calling customer support, nobody has any idea why it's doing that. I've talked to 3 customer service reps so far and have spent 30 minutes+ with each but have not gotten anywhere. I get the same message when going to myAccount through a browser. 

Anybody else have this issue, as it sure sounds like nobody at customer service has any idea what I'm talking about.

(And yes, did try to reinstall the app, restart the phone, use a different phone, restart the laptop, clear the browser cache, try a different browser, etc)

Expert

@717-N-Lincoln wrote:

Same issue - forcing one post because you can't message people until you make one post.

@augustv wrote:

who are you trying to message? what problem are you having?

Regular Visitor

Seriously Rustyben? You can't understand what he is talking about? Is this not the same Rustyben that has been on this forum for weeks now with the SAME EXACT ISSUE that is still UNRESOLVED?
Expert

@torgrimson wrote:
Seriously Rustyben? You can't understand what he is talking about? Is this not the same Rustyben that has been on this forum for weeks now with the SAME EXACT ISSUE that is still UNRESOLVED?

no, i've not had trouble with Netflix. attempts to reach out to fellow customers on the forum is what many of of do everyday. Messaging is not encouraged unless an OE (official employee) invites the message.

Contributor

New Poster

i am having the same problem

Regular Visitor

also having same issue, reaching out to @ComcastChe

Official Employee

Hello All, 

Thank you for reaching out and sharing your feedback. Because of the symptoms that have been reported, I have reached out to inform our engineering team who is now aware, and in the process of investigating this. Unfortunately, we do not have an ETA for a resolution at this time. Thank you for your patience while we work to get this resolved. 

If you need any assistance making changes to your account, feel free to reach out to me in a private message and I'd be more than happy to assist you. 

To send a private message click on my name "ComcastChe", then click send a message. 

New Poster

it's very frustrating. when i click on the 800 number face time opens!

New Poster

YUP  I am getting the same thing! Have been for weeks. No one at CS knows what the heck  is going on. Sounds like its an issue they know about who knows if they wil fix it.

Expert

@Jay3000 wrote:

YUP  I am getting the same thing! Have been for weeks. No one at CS knows what the heck  is going on. Sounds like its an issue they know about who knows if they wil fix it.

please scroll up and note @ComcastChe's post on 7/30/2018

Official Employee

Update:

Hello all, 

If you are still having issues accessing your account, please reach out in a private message so I can further investigate. The known issue that I spoke of on 7/30 has since been cleared and there could be another cause for your problem. In order to determine the cause, I will need to ask additional questions, related to your account specifically. 

To send a private message click on my name "ComcastChe", then click send a message.