Community Forum

purchased modem not showing under account

Regular Visitor

purchased modem not showing under account

I purchased a TP Link gateway TC-W7960 and returned my Xfinity gateway to the Xfinity store.  My TP Link gateway was activated successfully and works fine.  It was also showing up under my account for the first few hours of use.  However, now it is no longer showing up under my account and the old Xfinity gateway that I returned is being displayed.  How do I fix this?  Thanks for your help.

Silver Problem Solver

Re: purchased modem not showing under account

@lilpinkie wrote:

I purchased a TP Link gateway TC-W7960 and returned my Xfinity gateway to the Xfinity store.  My TP Link gateway was activated successfully and works fine.  It was also showing up under my account for the first few hours of use.  However, now it is no longer showing up under my account and the old Xfinity gateway that I returned is being displayed.  How do I fix this?  Thanks for your help.

The first thing I would try is calling 1800comcast.

I had a similar issue but it cleared up several days later.

I have also had luck with this type of issue by going to my nearest Xfinity Store; they have complete access to your account.

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am just a customer, volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as best answer!
Official Employee

Re: purchased modem not showing under account

Hello @lilpinkie, I'm happy I was able to assist you on the other post you created. For future reference, please refrain from creating multiple posts, as it is a direct violation of our Forums Guidelines. Thank you! 

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!