Community Forum

Xifinity My Account - Modem not connected

Regular Visitor

Xifinity My Account - Modem not connected

To be very clear my internet works perfectly, speed tests show 150+ MBps.

However when i look on the xfinity my account app the status of my modem shows as "not connected".

When i look at the app homepage the internet shows as connected, green icon, when i then select internet to go to devices the cable modem has a red icon, finally i go the next page to restart the modem, the app is saying the modem is not connected.

This is a new modem (netgear CM1000), the old netgear modem used to show correct status.

Xfinity tech support dont seem to get it or know how to fix it, whats the problem?

any help much appreciated.

Expert

Re: Xifinity My Account - Modem not connected

@Font_too_small wrote:

To be very clear my internet works perfectly, speed tests show 150+ MBps.

However when i look on the xfinity my account app the status of my modem shows as "not connected".

When i look at the app homepage the internet shows as connected, green icon, when i then select internet to go to devices the cable modem has a red icon, finally i go the next page to restart the modem, the app is saying the modem is not connected.

This is a new modem (netgear CM1000), the old netgear modem used to show correct status.

Xfinity tech support dont seem to get it or know how to fix it, whats the problem?

any help much appreciated.

use the my account app, and press the internet tab, touch the modem listed. compare the 'serial number' to your actual modem's HFC address. are they the same?

I am not a Comcast employee; I am just a customer, volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.

If you'd like information about the Expert program, you can find it here.
Regular Visitor

The serial number is showing the MAC address.

Expert

@Font_too_small wrote:

The serial number is showing the MAC address.

I have escalated your issue to the Comcast Team available to these forums. Check back often for a reply in this thread from a Comcast Official Employee.

I am not a Comcast employee; I am just a customer, volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.

If you'd like information about the Expert program, you can find it here.
Official Employee

Hi Font_too_small, thank you for reaching out and I can help look into this further for you.  Please send me a private message with your account information (your name, address and account number). 

Thank you

Official Employee

Hi Font_too_small, thank you for working with me through private message and please reach out if you still need assistance.

Thank you